I don't need a server anymore!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't need a server anymore!!

Would anyone be willing to let me and a friend borrow a PC server to test a map I'm working on? I don't need it now, but I want to be able to test the map properly once it is ready. Send me a PM or post your response here.

I'm sure several of us would upload your map once you get to that point,should just go through the right channels,alpha,beta,final.There is usually some good advice & ideas from other mapmakers.

Comment

I don't mind putting it on my server so you can test it out. I don't get a ton of traffic anyways, there are lots of empty WAR servers out there..

Comment

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
        I'm sure several of us would upload your map once you get to that point,should just go through the right channels,alpha,beta,final.There is usually some good advice & ideas from other mapmakers.
        I mean I want to try to test it privately so I can test it without being swarmed by n00bs wondering WTF is this sh*t?!
        Edit- HaTaX, could you post some info about your server?

Comment

Build a VM Server with the dedicated server, so you can test it privately

Comment

Originally posted by {DCS} Matrix View Post
            Build a VM Server with the dedicated server, so you can test it privately
            Build a what? If you mean I should set up my own server, that just isn't going to happen with zero experience.

Comment

Build a Windows 2003 Server with Virtual PC and then install the UT3 Dedicated Server on it.

Comment

Hell no! I am not going to bother learning how to set up a server from scratch with no experience so I can use it once or twice.

Comment

So nobody has a server I could use?

Comment

Sorry, but most server owners aren't going to let someone (and a friend) they don't know use one of their servers to use "once or twice". I know I wouldn't. To quote you, "that just isn't going to happen".

There really is no need to borrow a server. You can test your map locally over and over as you build it using Instant Action, with and without bots and perhaps with and without mutators; and then when you feel it's close do like other mappers do and post it as a beta in the User Maps/Mods Beta Release forums.

That is the proper way.

Comment

Well it doesn't matter now. My friend is going to try to set up a server.

Comment

ummm why dont you just start a server from ut3, it doesnt take any real special knowledge to do and make it private...

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                          Sorry, but most server owners aren't going to let someone (and a friend) they don't know use one of their servers to use "once or twice". I know I wouldn't. To quote you, "that just isn't going to happen".

There really is no need to borrow a server. You can test your map locally over and over as you build it using Instant Action, with and without bots and perhaps with and without mutators; and then when you feel it's close do like other mappers do and post it as a beta in the User Maps/Mods Beta Release forums.

That is the proper way.

^^ Right on the money there. Secondly if you can make a map in UT3 I think you should be savy enough to build a virtual server. It is pretty easy nowadays.

disclaimer: I didn't mention a UT3 server in the above statement.

Comment

Working...
                          X