• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Linux] UT3 2.0 Server

removed

Link Removed

Woooo... That link would look even hotter without the (Beta) part

Comment

It is beta and has some issues and, umm, you probably shouldn't have posted that here.

Comment

I posted it here because Epic has not given any answer to its (linux-server) community.

Comment

They don't care...
          Same with a final version for patch 1.3 : 7 month 0 answer = gg epic.

Comment

Geez. Can't many of you Linux people read the word BETA. Is that not in your vocabulary? With attitudes like that, if I were them I'd give up on it now.

Epic gave an answer by releasing a BETA to the Admin list only. Note they didn't post it here for a reason---it's BETA.

Comment

And they post the 1.3 linux version BETA (unstable) for what so ?

Comment

There's that "B" word again. But, I'll leave it to you to figure out why that wasn't continued.

Comment

I installed the Linux 2.0 beta on my server, it works, but has some issues. Best to wait for the final patch I think unless your bored and have nothing better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
                    Geez. Can't many of you Linux people read the word BETA. Is that not in your vocabulary? With attitudes like that, if I were them I'd give up on it now.

Epic gave an answer by releasing a BETA to the Admin list only. Note they didn't post it here for a reason---it's BETA.
                    I know what beta means - but when comes final? 1.3 never was released as final! No anwer so far. And when you are only here to offend then avoid my thread.

Comment

Steve Polge said on the admins mailing list that they are working on it still, so this beta isn't going to be the last linux dedicated server.

By the way this is closed beta and it's really buggy, lag for no reason in random situations on our server.

Comment

Originally posted by -=GoW=-Dragon View Post
                        I know what beta means - but when comes final? 1.3 never was released as final! No anwer so far. And when you are only here to offend then avoid my thread.
                        I'm not avoiding anything.

If you are on the admin list then, as stated above, you know it's a closed beta and that it's still buggy. These facts have already been posted in a few other Linux threads in this forum. Yet here is another thread about it; and one with a link to a download that shouldn't have been posted here.

With a massive set of changes coming for 2.0, it probably made no sense to continue the 1.3 Linux patch and just move on. Sad, but probably true.

Comment

From the admin list regarding the upcoming 2.1 patch:

"Can we expect a 2.1 Linux version soon? This is getting a little annoying that we can't host working servers on our Linux machines."

Originally posted by Steve Polge
                          It's being worked on.
                          So, odds are that the Linux 2.0 patch will not be release and instead be replaced with a 2.1 patch.

And, regarding all the betas released on the admin list, Steve always adds this:

Originally posted by Steve Polge
                          This is a closed beta, so please don't distribute it beyond your own servers or make it generally available to the public.

Comment

I addes a [closed beta] to the link. but i will not take the link out of my post. If there is a problem with it -> moderators can do this too.

Comment

no patch 1.3 final for wait the 2.0 version
                              no patch 2.0 final or beta public for wait the 2.1 version ?
                              and we really not sure a 2.1 will be release same time the official patch.

the last version who works fine (with custom content) is the 1.2. wonderful (no vote menu), steam users can't now join server unless 2.0. AWESOME

We rent servers, we can't use them fine since 7 months...
                              0 official answer on the forum since 5 months, just for say sry guys or we work on it (**** come back jeff morris, the others really don't care about us).
                              sorry if we don't applause you epic !

Comment

Working...
                              X