Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

What ports do I need to open for dedicated server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ports do I need to open for dedicated server?

What ports do I need to open for a dedicated server? Also can I run the dedicated server with Windows server 2003 ?

Default ports are 13000, 7777 and 6500, all UDP. Yes, it runs on Server 2003.

Comment

Well when I try and fire it up on the server it acts like it's going to work but then the logo cuts out and nothing. I looked in the task manger and no UT3.exe is running any ideas?

Comment

how are you starting it?

Comment

@l3gacy

When you see the logo, I believe you intsall the game instead of the dedicated server version.

Comment

how are you starting it?
            Ya it sounds like you are trying to start it from the .exe in the binaries folder instead of using a batch file with your commandline in it. You should not see the splash screen at all.

Comment

At this point I'm trying to find out how. I was going in Binaries and hitting the UT3.exe

Comment

Good place to start if you're looking at running a dedicated server:

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3

Another good guide here:

http://thepizzy.net/blog/2008/01/how...ternet-server/

You just want to run a dedicated server using your current install? Might be better off downloading the dedicated server install and keep that separate from your install you play with.

Comment

No it's a real server http://www.thehivenetwork.com/images...ve-Server2.jpg and I down loaded the Server UT3

Comment

Ok I have the server all setup and running with Webadmin. Now the only bug I see is not a real big one. In the Server list has it +6/32 Players. What is the +6 ? it says that when 0 people are playing to.

Comment

+6 means that the minimum player count is 6 and the + denotes that the server currently has no human players on it. If you jump in, 5 bots will join you.

Comment

+6/32 means that the game starts with 6 bots and that a maximum of 32 human players can enter the server. When a human player enters the game the + diappears and the game is played with 6 bots and 1 Human.
                        When player 27 enters the game 1 bot leaves the game (27+6>32)

Comment

hmm I have bots off

Comment

My linux server has only one bot and it appears like this +11/16 :S

Comment

It (the Linux version) is still beta.

Comment

Working...
                              X