Nedd some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by {DCS} Matrix View Post
    Here are some suggetions what you could do to solve the problem, we used them a lot :

Run the dedicated server from within VM box like Virtual PC, VirtualBos, VMWare etc.
    Connect to server via IP-connection.
    Don't try to connect to your server through this route ; Wkst -> DMZ/Pix/Proxy/Router -> Internet -> DMS/Pix/Procy/Router -> UT3 Server. <- Problem solving is complex.
    I tried connecting through IP-Connection, but it stays the same before. I tried also on LAN, which used to work before (and yes, people were able to join through internet), but now the server won't show in the LAN list, only internet list.

I was thinking about a Virtual Machine box, but I am not sure of which one I should choose... could you recommend me one?

Thanks in advance by the way!

Comment

As for VM machine I would choose for Virtual PC 2007 Sp1, because its free. If you want to enable USb support for the virtual machien then Sun Virtual Box and VMware are the best.

So If you are planning only to setup a dedicated Virtual machine I would recommend MS Virtual PC 2007.

Comment

Well, I've tried setting it up in a virtual machine, but seems like this has some kind of IP detection, because even after hosting in the virtual machine, it does exactly the same: people can join but I can't join my own server... no idea of what could be happening. It's funny, since it worked almost perfect before, but it just didn't show up in the server list

Comment

Shakeno, can you connect to your server by LAN or by IP that's uses the VM machine on the inside ?

Comment

Nope, I thought that didn't matter since it was supposed to be online. I am able to see the server, and I try to join, even by IP, and when I have a password on, it even asks me for the password, but still, it goes like "Connecting", then after 30 seconds or something like that "Connection failed".

I checked the LAN mode at first though, since that was the way I was able to join my server before, but now it doesn't appear, eugh. Could that matter in any way?

Comment

What IP-adres has your serverthat runs UT3 Dedicated Server, and what IP has your workstation on which you run UT3, are they also on the same subnet ?

Comment

They are on the same subnet, and they are supposed to have the same IP adress, since I host in the same computer I am trying to join with, as I said before, and well, after checking, the IP adress is the same before and after creating the game

Comment

I think that the problem here is that you run the UT3 gama and the dedicated server on the same machine and that you have redirect you router to the ip of you workstation/dedicated server. So you go to the internet with IP1 on the inside -> Router NAT translation -> Internet IP2, you select your dedicated server in UT3 game -> IP2 -> Router NAT translation -> Error, because you are routing you internal IP adres over the Internet to the same IP adres.

Did your virtual machine have the same IP as your workstation. Could you change that to another IP than your workstation and look what than happens

Comment

Well, the server shows up as the public IP which any IP-detection website gives me. However, IPConfig brings me the internal router's IP of 192.168.blahblahblah

I just checked, and my virtual machine has the same IP (that I can find on IP detection websites) as the physical computer, although the internal IP adress of 192.168... is different on the last number group.

How could I change my IP to something different though? I thought your ISP assigned you your IP...

Comment

ISP only handels the IP of your external IP adres. The 192.186.x.y is given by your router. Your IP adress are good. because y is different for the VM as for your workstation. You should be able to connect UT3 localy by connecting through direct IP 192.186.x.y where Y is the number of the UT Server

Comment

Hehe, thanks, joining directly through IP worked fine. Had a problem with "couldn't find host/query blah blah blah. Do you want to join directly?" [YES] *type password* *game starts*

At least I can join now, thanks!

Comment

No Thanks,

We here to help each other.

Comment

Working...
                          X