Nedd some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nedd some help

Im trying to setup a dedicated server from my home computer to test out stuff on. My problem is that i get the server to show up in the browser with no trouble but I cant connect (keeps timing out). I would figure if i can get that far than it must be something simple im missing. i have - UDP 6500 - UDP 7777 - and UDP 13000 open. I am trying to do this from the same computer im running the game from (i know it defeats the purpose of a dedicated server but its just for testing out stuff for our eventual clan server). I am assuming the ports are fine as well as my command line since its showing in the browser the way i configured it (game mode, map, bot number, password locked). Any help would be appreciated.

I have exactly the same problem. I have posted something yesterday. You can find my post like 4 or 5 threads blow this one, still waiting for an answer.

(Or a direct link to it: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=665172 )

Comment

One thing you might need to do is make a different login and pass for your server. This is being said on the assumption that you have not already.

If your login and pass are the same for you as your server(even if you change something in admin panel) it will either not let you connect to it or it will become a lan server upon connection and be removed from the browser.

If you already know all this sorry for that,

dave9

Comment

Well, at least in my case, I created an special account for the server. Otherwise it wouldn't let me be logged in while I hosted the server.

Comment

I dont know if this will help you Shakeno but i fixed my problem. It was a pretty dumb mistake on my part. I thought my static ip was set since i ran a test COD4 server but i forgot i have since changed operating sytems (duh). Once i set my static ip again everything worked as advertised.

Comment

Thanks, although, my IP is dynamic...

What did you mean by setting your static IP though? does it have to do with assigning it to your own server? (I just didn't get what you meant at all)

Anyway, glad to know that you got it working.

Comment

Thanks, although, my IP is dynamic...
              Your ip must be static. Here are some great links to get it all sorted.
              how to setup your static ip: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

how to set up your router for UT3 step by step for your specific router:http://portforward.com/ (on this one after you select your router it then goes to a page where you select your game and then it gives you the steps needed.

Let me know if you need to know more. i cant believe it took me almost a week of on and off misery to figure it out.

Comment

Mhm, hey, thanks for the info, although it's a bit late here right now, so I can't mess much right now. I'll try it tomorrow, hehe.

I will update the post with the results once done.

Comment

Good luck. Ill be on and off tomorrow if you have any trouble.

Comment

I tried it again with the new settings, and the server appears as before, both in my favourite list and the global server list. People are even able to join, but if I try to join my own server, I stay as "Connecting", then after a minute, I see "Connection Failed". It is pretty much the same as before.

Comment

Well ****. I was hoping that would fix it for you. I had forgotten your problem was a little different than mine was.

Comment

Do you run UT3 and the dedicated server on 1 Machine ?? If yes it ain't going to work.

Comment

Do you run UT3 and the dedicated server on 1 Machine ?? If yes it ain't going to work.
                          Works fine for testing purposes. I dont have access to my clan server so i like to throw up one to test things out and put up suggestions for maps and tweaks to the clan admin. It definetly gives an advantage to the host (ping wise) but other than that if your rig can handle the load it works fine. I dont leave mine up but its been running fine for me and is fulfilling its purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by {DCS} Matrix View Post
                            It worked fine for me before UT3 v2.0... and the server handled connections smoothly.

Comment

Here are some suggetions what you could do to solve the problem, we used them a lot :

Run the dedicated server from within VM box like Virtual PC, VirtualBos, VMWare etc.
                              Connect to server via IP-connection.
                              Don't try to connect to your server through this route ; Wkst -> DMZ/Pix/Proxy/Router -> Internet -> DMS/Pix/Procy/Router -> UT3 Server. <- Problem solving is complex.

Comment

Working...
                              X