How hard is it to set up a server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard is it to set up a server?

I was wondering what it would be like to start a server and I want to know if it is worth all the effort. From what I've seen so far, it is incredibly tedious. Should I even bother or just leave it to the pros?

Its easy, but its not worth it to host a home server. There are lots of empty servers out there with map and gametype voting, just pick one and go in with your friends.

If you want to get a pickup duel or tdm just go to irc and they'll hook you up

Comment

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
      I was wondering what it would be like to start a server and I want to know if it is worth all the effort. From what I've seen so far, it is incredibly tedious. Should I even bother or just leave it to the pros?

it is tedious, it is a labor of love. Only reason I can think of to do this is if you cannot find what you want to play already, by that I mean mod wise. It is not impossible by any means but as mentioned there are a lot of existing servers.. This game was made to mod though and there are a ton of mods out there so I would recommend testing what is there first, if you don't see what you want to see then you can bring another choice for players. I would say though also that there are more then enough pure servers in any ping range.

Comment

With a good manual, you can setup a dedicated server easily. The trick is in getting the maplist, votingsystem and extra mutators or mod to work correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X