Important notice to server admins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important notice to server admins!

Please add messages that inform noobie players of the 2.0 patch, and Titan pack! I was on a 2.0 server that had 5 players that still had 1.3! On top of that they had no idea what I was talking about until the admin came on and told them about the whole thing and that the should download it all now.

Please make an effort to inform the masses of people still playing the game even when it was lacking servers! They gave up a long time ago!

I support your idea but as long as there are no linux 2.0 files i will not inform the players because they have no effort an my servers.

My server is one of the most liked UT Deathmatch Server, Epic, it is your turn now.

Comment

^^Agreed, when is the penny gonna drop for some, without the linux binaries, half the server community has just been left out, AGAIN.

Comment

yes....no problems on my linux server too

i m sure that they need some delay more to release it but it is just killing the reputation of all the linux servers...."thoses linux who still on beta UT3 !"....a release date had be really helpfull to inform server admins and more important ....to inform server users....i ll be uncomfortable to answer to their questions

are we really in the golden years of communication ?

in allways nice idea gunwing ;and srry for spam yer topic

Comment

Everyone with a 1.2 or 1.3 client should get an official message telling them to DL the new patch and pack. That's the best way.

As far as Linux servers, I suspect Linux servers are no longer supported. It's been too long since the beta. There is nothing going on with it, nada. The agents of evil have won. Epic should at least make an official announcement one way or another. Even if they just say linux server support is no longer, or if it will be at least several weeks or some rough ETA of a beta. Just leaving everything to speculation is unfair to us Linux admins. I have shut down my 1.2 server.

Comment

Working...
          X