Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Dedicated server with only bots

Hi All,

I know this may sound a bit stange coming from me but, how do I start a Dedicated UT3 server with only bots in it, and is there a ini file in which I can put strings that normally go into the cmd file (I read about it, but forgot to save the link).

Kind regards

{DCS} Matrix

Perhaps ?Numplay=<whatever>?MinNetPlayers=0 ??

Comment

Hi Slaughter,

No positieve result, this is the startup cmd :

ut3.exe Server DM-Deck?Game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?GameMode=4?Numplay=16? MinNetPlayers=0?TimeLimit=15?GoalScore=50?BotSkill =3?bIsDedicated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn= 1?bShouldAdvertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=f alse?bAllowJoinInProgress=true -Log=myserver.log -nohomedir -unattended

Comment

Hello Guys,

this only enabled a autojoin after a human player joined the server. I already opened a thread about that topic. And I also prefer a setup via ini configs instead of start parameter. If I understand you correct Matrix, you want that the bots also when no human player is connected, right?

Source: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=661147

Comment

Yes, thats correct Genersl Jung, I want to start a match with only bots and no humans.

Comment

Hello Forum,

can anybody help us to enabled the bots !

Comment

Presuming that you already have the server config'd for the minimum number of players you want (as above), start the server, join the server, start the game so the bots join the game, leave the server (before killing or getting killed, if you want the bots' scores to be bot vs bot only). The bots will continue the map to completion, the map will change, the number of bots in the new map will equal the number of minimum players. They will not play the new map, but will wait quietly for a human player to join.

AFAIK, this is the only way to do this. The last sentence above is applicable to a server that is config'd to require the human players to click-in to indicate they are ready before the map begins. I think it is the same when they don't have to click-in, but I'm too lazy to reconfig my server to double check this.

cmd line contains: maxplayers = 10, but numplayers = 8 and here we see all 8 bots.

I looked in UTEngine.ini and in UTGame.ini but didn't find anything that seemed to be the equivalent of the cmd line "numplayers=" parameter.

[Edit] It just occurred to me that if you set UTGame.ini
              [UTGame.UTGame]
              MinNetPlayers=0
              ...the bots might start the match after the map changes. Whether this works is left as an exercise for the reader.

Comment

bot_join_after_player 0
                Here is your answer type this in as is in console.

Comment

Working...
                X