This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titan pack - Help Epic hunt cheaters...

My last identical post seems to have vanished. Epic has stated they have thrown their hat in the ring in wanting to catch cheaters in UT3.

Since they have not released the code to allow 3rd party software developers to write anticheat software, one would expect Epic to provide tools for server admins to catch cheaters. To my knowledge, no tools are available, though I am happy to be corrected in this matter.

With the release of the titan pack, what tools will server administrators be given to identify cheats?

Epic, if you purposely deleted my last thread, please explain why, or where I can go to get information on the subject as an individual who runs two servers.

None.

10chars...

Comment

I figured Id post to say: If anyone is to "catch" cheaters I sure as hell hope you have nothing to do with it.

(and I base this on the fact that you and Jungle think I cheat, with zero proof, and have banned me from both servers)

Having idiots catch the cheaters is a sure-fire way to fail.

Comment

With a name like i_hax that's not really easy to say no to either.

Comment

I'm only pretty sure I've seen some cheating.... hard to be sure with lag and all. I have definitely seen a guy accuse another guy of cheating, and be flat wrong. He didn't realize he had joined a server with Matrix Moves. Dummyhead. It's a touchy subject, because it's so hard to be sure. Something that would restore confidence would be great, even if there were zero people actually cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
            With a name like i_hax that's not really easy to say no to either.
            Exactly the point of this name: It brings out all the retards. If someone is dumb enough to base an accusation on the account name they aren't very smart - unfortunately in this case the guy runs the two populated public servers.

Having admins who have no clue what they are doing is worse than no anti-cheat at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DancesWthMice View Post
              My last identical post seems to have vanished. Epic has stated they have thrown their hat in the ring in wanting to catch cheaters in UT3.

Since they have not released the code to allow 3rd party software developers to write anticheat software, one would expect Epic to provide tools for server admins to catch cheaters. To my knowledge, no tools are available, though I am happy to be corrected in this matter.

With the release of the titan pack, what tools will server administrators be given to identify cheats?

Epic, if you purposely deleted my last thread, please explain why, or where I can go to get information on the subject as an individual who runs two servers.
              Actually, Epic doesn't need to explain anything to anyone, it's their engine, it's their game.
              You demand answers from Epic, a company that has NEVER put out any sort of cheat protection for the Unreal franchise.
              But hey, keep demanding...let's see how far that gets you.

Comment

i can only agree with I_hax.

u crazybastard aka blizzard are a big failure as server admin for multiplay servers and i can only hope s.o. will put u off so not more innocent ppl get banned by you.

its even quiet remarkable the first time i got banned from this admin, he was a member of a certain clan. one of his clanmates started accusing me of aimbotting and bull**** like that and in no time s.o. logged in as administrator and banned me 4ever from all multiplay servers (we r talking about the official multiplay servers from this server provider). after some talking with him in irc he claimed about some weird stuff with crosshair trying to justify his pathetic attempt of banning me. after talking about this clan issue he unbanned me and just a few weeks later the same story happened again lol. even respectable vctf clan members got banned by him to which i talked in the meantime via TS or ventrillo the last time and we were just shaking our heads due to his actions.

your method of proofing (stupid crosshair watching) is so **** wrong and i dont know how many ppl u banned for nothing. thats a sad story of witch hunting.

Comment

I don't care who is right or wrong, just take this argument somewhere else.

Comment

This is being closed for the same reason the last one was, it lead to a flame war.

Comment

Working...
                    X