Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'DMZ serv/port forwarding' error addressed in Titan Pack/other upcoming update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'DMZ serv/port forwarding' error addressed in Titan Pack/other upcoming update?

Hi all forum users,

Firstly, I guess I'll just say that this past fall in '08 I fiddled around with trying to get a dedicated server up and online being advertised in the games browser, but always got that infamous error mentioned in the subject line of this thread. I looked around here at the various fix threads and tried some of them, but never got it going and just gave up

Anyways, I was wondering if, with the new update coming, or perhaps in a hotfix to follow, this error, which long plagued some members of the community like myself who wanted to get another server up and online for UT3, would finally see a resolution somehow - i.e. is never seen again lol

Couldn't Epic just disable this check? Would it really hurt anything to disable this check? For my understanding, why is UT3 so sensitive to these things when I have no problems of this sort with many other games that aren't even as strongly focused on online MP? After all of this time, is there any 100% verified/garunteed to work way to fix it or get around it? Is it something that has been looked into and changed in this upcoming update under the umbrella statement of 'improved network performance'? I'd really love to get a dedicated server going to run for these new gametypes and maps coming out (it's gonna be awesome! ).

Anyone, user or moderator, have any info on this?

Thanks all,
    'natureboystyle05' a.k.a. 'Sgt Jigglebelly'

Bump for pertinence.

Comment

I dont think the warning itself affects your server at all. Its just a heads up that things might not work.

Comment

Originally posted by sKr1p7k1dd View Post
        I dont think the warning itself affects your server at all. Its just a heads up that things might not work.
        Possibly so - however, my server never advertises on the internet, so I'm pretty sure this has something to do with it.

Bump.

And to come back and answer my own question for the 100+ people who viewed this thread (but did not respond): the answer is NO. I am still getting the DMZ serv/port forwarding message when trying to host. I guess the question now is can/will this be addressed in an upcoming hot-fix or patch?

Moderators, hello? I'd be hosting my own dedicated servers if it wasn't for this issue.

Comment

welp, i'm double posting, get over it lol :P

update: i tried it last night on my campus connection (lan/lan jack with T3 internet) and didn't get the dmz/port forwarding warning/error message... so maybe it works there now? funny because I used to get it there as well. didn't have anyone there to check to see if it was being 'advertised' in the browswer, but at least i wasn't getting the warning/error

however, i still get the error when at home using a router. haven't played with port stuff on it though - but never had to for any other games. this game is just more sensitive it seems lol

bah, if it does work here at campus i might get a dedicated serv up and going 24/7 on my other comp - will post about it if i do

anyone else noticed anything new with this?

Comment

Working...
          X