Important! Server Admins & Steam version players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important! Server Admins & Steam version players

I think it is important that everyone realizes heading into this update that this is more than your usual patch situation, in some ways it is essentially a re-launching of the game. It is version 2.0.

The most significant part of this is that players using Steam will NOT be able to play on v1.3 servers anymore. Period! This means that there is very little incentive in keeping a 1.3 server running anymore. It also means that unless server admins get a hold of the patch well in advance of the players, there are going to be virtually NO servers ready for Steam version players to join, and a lot of angry people. Retail version players will complain because they will be more likely to join 1.3 servers which still contain many of the issues which in reality have been fixed with this patch. We still have 8 days to go, so you can still do something about it.

Personally, I think it is in everyone's best interests if Epic makes the beta available publicly so the majority of servers are running it in time without issues. Hitting the ground running March 5 will be important.

I epicly agree, lets hope Epic sees and realizes this

Comment

This fabulous update process doesn't have anything to do with UMGLeague being down for the last 12 hours I hope.

Comment

well would be nice to have it ready to get it patched

Comment

It makes me nervous

Comment

We have the most popular TDM server in NA. I'd love for the server to be ready when everyone else is.

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
              This fabulous update process doesn't have anything to do with UMGLeague being down for the last 12 hours I hope.
              Does uploading files to the server affect net performance a lot when players are on the server?

You'd think you could upload while people are playing and then just restart when it's all setup?

Comment

its good news if the 2.0 patch isn't compatible with 1.3 patch as it forces all to do the upgrade - all 300 off us

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                  Does uploading files to the server affect net performance a lot when players are on the server?

You'd think you could upload while people are playing and then just restart when it's all setup?
                  Uh huh. I'll stop being nervous when they come back up and nothing's gone haywire in the meantime, if it's all the same to you.

Gotta be nervous about something anyway. I'm sure as hell not going to worry about the **** stock market.

Comment

Go Bersy! Good call!

Comment

yes i think it should somehow find its way to the servers before the public gets its hand on it. otherwise we will have downloaded it and then we would be lost and there would be know servers and everyone new to the game would be like "WTF" and then they would leave. =( no new players =(

Comment

I use gameservers for my hosting, so I cannot upgrade server until they have the patch on their website.

Comment

Linux servers are still at 1.2 or 1.3 beta. Does this mean it's time to shut down all the linux servers?

Comment

so update the server else ppl cant play...

linux server version 2.0 ?

Comment

Ask to Epic to release a linux version in finale version this time if you want all servers patched.

They do a free period on steam, steam don't work with patch 1.3 (or less thank for beta unstable version again) and don't released a linux version ? HAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X