Need help with PC dedicated server for PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with PC dedicated server for PS3

When i try to create a accout (createaccount.bat file) it pops up a black Command window for about 0.1 sec what shall i do?!

do i have to have the PC version installed?

Comment

I don't think you can have a UT3 PS3 server on a PC

Comment

Originally posted by 414N View Post
        I don't think you can have a UT3 PS3 server on a PC
        yes u can i 100% sure

Comment

can anyone help me?

Comment

Originally posted by UT3onPS3 View Post
            can anyone help me?
            Ok sorry it took so long to post back

You don't need the PC software installed to use the PS3 Dedicated Server software

First create two .txt files on your Desktop. Call one CreateAccount.txt and the other StartServer.txt
            both of these files can be moved anywhere on your computer once you set everything up, leave them on your desktop for now so its easier for you to find them till it is setup

Next, open the CreateAccount.txt file and add this to it:
            Code:
            :one
            c:
            cd \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\binaries
            UTGame.exe server dm-deck -seekfreeloading -createaccount -login=accountname -password=accountpassword -email=accountemail
            goto one
            Change out the -login=accountname -password=accountpassword -email=accountemail
            You can use the same email as many times as you want but the password has to be the exact same for every account
            Eg:
            Code:
            -login=PS3Server01 -password=fakepassword -email=fakemail.com
            -login=PS3Server02 -password=fakepassword -email=fakemail.com
            Ok now to make the txt file a bat file, all you do is change the CreateAccount.txt of the file to CreateAccount.bat
            Once you change it to a bat file, click on the file and it will try to create a PS3 Gamespy ID! At the very end of the second window, right before it closes you will see green text saying it created the account...
            If it has got this far and you got the green text ( Yay!! ), if it didn't, go over this again and make sure you set it up properly ( this all should have worked )
            You said you tried this before and it didn't work, so you might be trying to create an account that is already in use. You might want to try to create an account with a totally new account name just to be sure

Now lets test to see if your server will show on the browser of the PS3
            Open the other text file ( StartServer.txt ) and add this to the file.

Code:
            :one
            c:
            cd \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\binaries
            UTGame.exe server DM-Heatray?Game=UTGame.UTDuelGame?numplay=1?maxplayers=7?timelimit=10?goalscore=0?Difficulty=8?allowkeyboard=1 -seekfreeloading -login=accountname -password=accountpassword -email=accountemail
            goto one
            Again, change the -login=accountname -password=accountpassword -email=accountemail to your information and make sure the file is changed to a StartServer.bat file.
            Once that is done click the file to start it up, now go check your ps3 to make sure you see it in the Duel Section of the PS3 browser.

For all of this you may have to allow your firewall to give access to the UTGame.exe

Comment

[IMG]C:\Users\dator 3\Pictures\crash.jpg[/IMG] i still thi nk u need ro have the pc version it says it missings files as such

Comment

sry i couldnt get it bigger

Comment

i see in the server browser but i cant connect

Comment

Those error messages are ok, actually seeing them is a good thing because you know the map has been loaded and you actually logged into Gamespy...
                    Just make sure your firewall is turned off so you know that isn't causing the problems.
                    If you are seeing it in the PS3 Server browser you are on the right track, you just have to find out why your not able to connect!!

Comment

its not the firewalls. and i even tryed to shutdown the iintire virusprogram. got any more ideas why i cant connect?

Comment

it says its version 3581 in the top is that mayby wrong version?

Comment

nope, it will have to do with your firewall or your router

Comment

Originally posted by Harmerty View Post
                            nope, it will have to do with your firewall or your router
                            I tried to setup a dedicated server and it worked - from my PS3 to my PC anyways. I'll have a buddy try tonite or you can try UT3onPS3. My server name is Server-pmc72 in the Duel section (I used the exact bat files that Harmerty publish in this thread). If you do try it and it works for you, let me know... thx.

Thanks Harmerty for the tutorial on how to set it up! - it was a snap.

Regarding the firewall setup - when I ran it the first time I could see it on the PS3 server screen but could not connect - it would timeout after about 30 sec.

What I had to do was setup the Virtual Servers section in my wireless router - make sure that you point these ports to the internal IP address for your PC - otherwise your PS3 won't be able to actually connect to your PC.
                            - UDP 6500 - Gamespy Query Port
                            - UDP 7777 - UT3 Game Port
                            - UDP 13000 - Stats Port
                            (ex. my PC internal to my router is 168.192.2.2 - I setup my router to forward internet requests for the ports above to 168.192.2.2)

Anyway - Does this help? If not, write back and I'll try and help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by pmc72 View Post
                              What I had to do was setup the Virtual Servers section in my wireless router - make sure that you point these ports to the internal IP address for your PC - otherwise your PS3 won't be able to actually connect to your PC.
                              - UDP 6500 - Gamespy Query Port
                              - UDP 7777 - UT3 Game Port
                              - UDP 13000 - Stats Port
                              (ex. my PC internal to my router is 168.192.2.2 - I setup my router to forward internet requests for the ports above to 168.192.2.2)

Anyway - Does this help? If not, write back and I'll try and help you out.
                              I am not very good att computers. How do I setup Virtual Servers section in the wireless router?

Comment

Working...
                              X