Error: Can't start an online game in state 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, I apologize in advance if this is a subject covered earlier on this forum. However, I have spent most of the morning trying to correct the error myself and I only have time left to post here and check back later.

When I restart my server, DM-Deck comes up and plays beautifully. All mutators are in place. However, when I try to change to any other map, the map loads, but the game won't switch to Ready. If I hit Back, the map is there, stuck on a screen with all weapons instead of my rifle arena.

I checked the server log and saw this error at the start of each map I tried:

I have seen this before when a particular map was corrupt, but this is happening with all maps right now. One map finally readied up, but the general case is that the map just hangs. If I exit the server and come back in, I can enter the map.

Anyone know what is happening? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi CrazyLady,

I am having this exact same issue. My commandline map starts fine. It's when I vote for the following maps that I experience the full weapons stall. When I hit Back, the map is there, stuck on a screen with all weapons instead of my UltraInstagib rifle. However, after some laggy processing, the map switches to ready.

I also recieve the "Error: Can't start an online game in state 2" warnings in launch log.

Did you ever figure out what caused the issue?

I've got my custom maps and their ini's in UTGame/Published/CookedPC/CustomMaps
    My mutators' u and upk files are all placed in UTGame/CookedPC with ini files in UTGame/Config
    I use -nohomedir on my dedicated server.
    UT3WebAdmin v1.17, UltraInstagib,TranslocatorPlus,HighSpeedLowGrav & UTComp3 v4b2 are installed along with my custom maps.

Comment

Hi, Jungle+=. Yes, we did get the server working OK. My other admin and I tried so many tweaks that I honestly can't remember precisely all we did. However, I think the most effective was to disable seamless loading. I changed that thru the Administrator menu in WebAdmin. I can't say for certain that this is your problem, but it is certainly worth checking into. If that isn't the problem, then I suggest removing your mutators one by one to see if there is a problem there.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the delay. Haven't checked the Admin forum in a bit.

Comment

Working...
      X