How to make a batch file for ur Dedicated server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a batch file for ur Dedicated server

1. Run ur server with the settings that u want for the server. then close the server.

2. go to ur "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs" directory

3. Double Click on Dedicated server and where it says "Init: Command line:" copy everything in that line except the "Init: Command line:" part.

4. After u copied it, open Notepad

5. In Notepad u put this
    Code:
    :one
    C:
    cd \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated) "or just Unreal Tournament 3"\binaries
    ut3.exe "the command line u copied earlier" -unattended
    cd \Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs
    copy server.log server.bak
    goto one
    6. After u did that, in the notepad ur on, click File -> Save As then in File Name: put "the file name that u want".bat Example: Dedicated.bat

7. in Save as type: put All Files. Leave Encoding alone

8. hit save and it should work.

here's an example batch file to help u know how a normal one looks.
    Code:
    :one
    C:
    cd \Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\binaries
    ut3.exe server vCTF-Suspense?Game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content?GameMode=3?numplay=4?maxplayers=12?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=12?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?PureServer=1?timelimit=20?goalscore=5?botskill=3?AdminPassword=MyAdminPassword -log=server.log -login=MyGamespyLogin -password=MyGamespyPassword -unattended
    cd \Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs
    copy server.log server.bak
    goto one
    Hope this helped u this is used for when ur server crashes and u want to run it again as quickly as possible

While that works, it generates too much useless ****. Try either of these instead:

http://commandgen.mfdclan.com/
    http://darkweb.nl/tools/ut3cmd/

There used to be a couple of more generators, but they have gone off line.

Comment

Working...
    X