Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Can U map redirect using ingame server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can U map redirect using ingame server?

We are having a simple LAN party at my house and I want to just use my computer as the server when playing with everyone. Since I have a bunch of maps that not everyone has, is there a way to setup a redirect on my computer? I have installed IIS and copied all the files from my "My Games" custom Maps folder to a folder in wwwroot called UT3. I've made sure from another computer that I can get to my computer's name with a browser and can see all the files under the UT3 directory.

It is as simple as adding the following to my UTEngine.ini file in my My Games folder?

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://MyComputerName/ut3/
    UseCompression=False
    ProxyServerPort=
    ProxyServerHost=

Because it does not seem to be downloading from there. Its downloading at about 1% per minute whish is exactly the same way it was when not having the redirect stuff in there.

What am I doing wrong, and can it be done from the ingame "Host" part, or do I have to set up a dedicated server for it?

Thanks.

r the files u uploaded compressed to .uz3? if so, then u need to put UseCompression=False to UseCompression=True

Comment

Originally posted by Jjunior130 View Post
      r the files u uploaded compressed to .uz3? if so, then u need to put UseCompression=False to UseCompression=True
      Nope, I just copied all the files from my custom maps folder under My Games into the UT3 folder under wwwroot.

I also forgot to say that we are playing in "Offline Mode". I have no need to set up an internet server so I am just hitting "Play Offline" when I start UT3.

Comment

I hope this reply isn't too late to help.

If I were holding the LAN party, I wouldn't mess with any variation on uploading the files to my guests. I would burn several copies of a DVD with the custom maps and skins on my system ... something like this:

Then all the guests would need to do is put in the DVD and drag and drop the Published folder from the DVD to their UTGame\Published folder. Even with as much content as shown above, it should take less than 5 min for them to copy the files from the DVD to their hard disks...less, if they say "No" to overwritting existing files.

Comment

Working...
        X