• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sorry for my English.
    ---------------------
    Hi Everyone!
    I still have this problem:
    Server and my PC have a different IP range:
    Server have a real IP, my PC's IP is local (behind NAT).

If I set bIsLanMatch=true, I can join my server, but I can't make a query to server for web (gametracker not working)
    If bIsLanMatch=false the game is visible in gamelist, gametracker working fine, but when I trying to connect map begin loading and then "Connection failed". Direct connection via open command has the same result (map loading -> "Connection failed").
    Server console show this about situation:
    Code:
    NetComeGo: Open TheWorld  10.5.48.7:50262
    NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection_0 10.5.48.7:50262
    NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection_1 10.5.48.7:50262
    NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection_2 10.5.48.7:50262
    Server/Client ver 2.1
    My server start string:
    Code:
    ./ut3 Server DM-Defiance?Numplay=6?bIsLanMatch=false?MinNetPlayers=1?BotSkill=5?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAdvertise=true?bAllowJoinInProgress=true?Mutator=UT3Stats.UT3Stats -Login=*loginhere* -Password=*passhere* -Log=myserver.log -multihome=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -unattended
    What I need to do to all workign fine (bIsLanMatch=true & PCs behind NAT can connect to server)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks to JonahHex, my problem is solved so the topic can be closed if needed and maybe sticked up if admins think it is worthy (I think it is but I'm not admin ;-))

Thanks,
    Have a nice day.
    Olims

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The console is accessible anytime with the F10 key (by default).

I prefer to use the tilde key (~) instead of F10 (like it was in UT99 and UT2004), so I have changed my UTInput.ini file from

[Engine.Console]
    ConsoleKey=F10

to

[Engine.Console]
    ConsoleKey=Tilde

Glad to help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It works !!!!!! Thanks a lot!!! I really appriciate your help Mr JonahHex greetings!!!
    Just one more thing : I'm wondering if there is a way to enter the console without being in a round ? I mean I need to connect to a server to get access to the console using tab key and then enter the command you specified.

Best regards,
    Olims

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is an "option" for joining by IP...open the console and type:

open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy

where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP and yyyy is the port. If the server has a password then:

open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyyy?password=zzzzzzzz

where (obviously) zzzzzzzz is the password

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm trying to connect via internet as my server is visible in internet list but not in lan list and there is no option to connect by typing an IP address.
    I'm also hosting a Battlefield 2 server and I'm doing just like you do. The server is visible from internet but I have to connect from LAN in order to join the game (which sounds normal to me). But as I can't see my UT3 server in LAN list I think I should try to connect via internet abd that is maybe why it is not working.
    Do you have any hint to help me join my UT3 dedicated internet server by LAN ?

Thanks,
    Olims

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you trying to connect to the server via "Internet" or "LAN"?

I haven't tried this kind of thing with UT3, but in UT2004 I experienced the following (a little different setup than yours, but the effect was the same):

I would set up a dedicated server on my PC, then I would open a second instance of 2K4 (on the same computer) and try to connect to the server, which I could see in the Internet Servers list. I could not connect...connection failed. Others could connect to the server from the 'net. I could also see the server in the LAN Servers list...and I could connect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I everybody,

Can someone help us in resolving this issue please ?
    Or at least confirm that it should works or not ?

Thanks,
    Best regards,
    Olims.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im having the same exact issue. And its the only problem im having, to this otherwise great game.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Cannot join an internet server from local Computer

Cannot join an internet server from local Computer

Hi All,

I'm running an UT3 server from my "PC1" computer which works fine for any internet user that is trying to play on. My problem comes when I want to join that server from my "PC2" computer which is LAN connected with PC1; I can't connect, i just get "Connection failed".

Here is some statments that may inspire people who would wants to help
    -Anyone can connect to my server except me
    -I can connect to any server on internet but not mine
    -PC1 & PC2 have the same IP range (192.168.1.XXX)
    -No firewall on PC's (just the one from my modem/router)
    -I'm using webadmin 1.7 for server administration
    -I will answer any other question that may help solving my problem

BTW: How to set up a LAN server with webadmin tool ?

Thanks for you help,
    Best Regards,
    Olims
Working...
X