Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Need help with custom maps and redirect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with custom maps and redirect

I have redirect working just fine with maps that don't have custom content, however when i try to use maps with custom content it downloads the map then says error downloading package (package name). i have the .ini files in the config directory and the .ut3 and .upk files added to the CookedPC/CustomMaps directory. i have read through the postings on the forums but i am still unclear as to how to get the .upk files to the client. thanks allot

the upk files are treated in the same manor as the .ut3 files, you would compress them and upload them to your redirect. ut3 will handle them from there pretty much as long as they exist in your redirect that is.

ther package name error is a different situation, In my experience if you are using patch 1.3 this may happen once every 50 + downloads very rare. In the prior patches it was quite often. There is a mute called ut fixer that had been developed to try to fix that in 1.1 / 1.2 and it worked pretty good most part. The game in 1.3 though does a pretty good job of that, not bullet proof but again rare and clients usually are aware to rejoin if they get sat a download of the stock HellBender or something like that.

Comment

In addition to Dave's comments, I might add that you want to be sure that the files on your redirect server are identical to those on your game server (or compressed versions of identical files). This can be an issue if you are using a public redirect server rather than your own.

If you are using a public redirect server, the files uploaded there by someone other than yourself could be different versions (or builds) than the files you have uploaded to your game server, even if the names are the same.

Comment

so my upk files go in the same folder as the ut3 files? and does compressing the files decrease the chance of error when the client is looking for the specific files as i have had a client fail to find the upk file that was in the same directory as the ut3 file ( the ut3 file was downloaded) then i received an error unable to open package (package name being that of the upk file). i am testing this out on a lan so all files are the same.

Comment

i dont think comprssing will help with your errors in fact it might be better to upload the same file that is on your server just to make sure its working right (without compression) at least with one map for testing.

ps i am on a hosted server and all my additional maps are in the /ut3/UTGame/CookedPC/Maps folder, not custom maps (on my server) and the ut3 and upk are all in the same folder on my redirect.

Comment

Working...
          X