Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How much bandwidth is required per user? - home server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much bandwidth is required per user? - home server

I want to host a friendly home server game for my friends.
    How much bandwidth is needed for every player?

I have currently 1Mbit/s (922kbps, 115kB) upload, how many players i can host with this?

Thanks.

about 8. i think someone said that epic recommends 100kbps or 150 per person, can't remember though. don't try to push the limit to much though or it will just slow it up.
    you can find good deals on decent servers for like 20 bucks ( 12-16 person servers )!!

Comment

Be sure to read the port forwarding/DMZ threads as you are likely to run into those issues as well.

Comment

For gametypes with vehicles (VCTF,Warfare) i recommend 150kbps/players bandwidth
        For other games types not using vehicles (DM,DUel,TDM): 100kbps should be fine.
        (Note: vehicles always use lot of bandwidth)

Comment

Thanks dudes Now i know what im dealing with.. sweet.

Comment

I'm using a client rate of 6500 on a 512kbps upload and can host about 8. Remember that you calculate based on your smallest pipe. Are you saying you have a 115Kbps upload? If so, you can host probably 2-3 people. I wouldn't go below a client rate of 6000.

Comment

Working...
            X