Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Utcompv3b3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utcompv3b3

New UTCOMPV3B3 out:

CHANGELOG:

-Added compatibility with linux beta patch3 bugs.
    -added coach spectator mode.
    -added kick voting.
    -added spectators panel in scoreboard.
    -added console commands "ready", "adminready", "notready", voteyes, voteno.
    -warmup worked in offline mode.
    -fixed brightskins when player use vehicles.
    -fixed bug when players can't join in duel from queue.
    -really fixed bugs when player pickup own weapon after drop it.
    -muted DD, invisibility and boots sound when this powerups is disabled.

-added ping compensation to instagib rifle.
    -fixed sometimes happens telefrags with enabled ping compensation.
    -improved clientside demo recording, now visible enemy weapon, all pickups and normal weapon fire effects.
    added missed ctfhud

-enabled autodemorecords.
    -redeemer pickup not have infinite ammo in warmup.
    -custom crosshairs for each weapon compatible with ping compensation mode.

Currently kick voting started through console commands "vote kick [part of player name, or no param- get players number, or number - kick player with this number]"

Link for download here:
    http://files.filefront.com/UTCompIII.../fileinfo.html

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Sorry, but this evrsion lags too much, creastes a lot of ping spikes. Peaple warp all over specially 4v4 tdm. we have this set up in 2 different servers, and it is unplayable. .. and it si not the servers we take the mutator off, and it the game plays fine for all 8 people as soon as we enable this version the match gets meesed up

Comment

I have to agree with janes, for the time that we used the newest version it was quite unplayable.

Comment

I thought all the excuses for UTcomp in UT2004 were addressed with UT3?

Guess it is a crutch after all.

Comment

I canĀ“t agree with Janes...my server runs perfect and smooth with UTCompv3beta3.

Comment

Originally posted by Janes_Addiction- View Post
              Sorry, but this evrsion lags too much, creastes a lot of ping spikes. Peaple warp all over specially 4v4 tdm. we have this set up in 2 different servers, and it is unplayable. .. and it si not the servers we take the mutator off, and it the game plays fine for all 8 people as soon as we enable this version the match gets meesed up

DISABLE PING COMPENSATION!

I have 2 servers with it running without problems with 8 players and 2 spects

Comment

Anyone had trouble receiving utcompv3b3 from Gameservers' uz3 redirect?

Comment

Janes i disabled ping compensation. lets see if this helps.

Comment

Not sure if you did or not or if it resets back up. but the last game ran very bad. everyone was lagging. anyway to fix this?

Comment

there are quite a few problems with this version that are detailed in a couple posts in this forum. like here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615825
                      Ammo pickups dont work right, ping compensation causes worse lag than without it, etc. and for me, ping compensation was one of the few reasons i was going to use utcomp and it seems to make things worse at this point. hopefully the coder will check out some of these problems soon.

Comment

Yeah I noticed ammo pickups don't register until you have the weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by PipeTool View Post
                          I thought all the excuses for UTcomp in UT2004 were addressed with UT3?

Guess it is a crutch after all.
                          Ya, UT3 has a really easy voting system.

Comment

Originally posted by Defeat View Post
                            Ya, UT3 has a really easy voting system.
                            Sadly no gametype voting.

Comment

I put 3v3b on the Pub last night and didn't have the two ammo pickup problems. I do have DuelTDmMod set to false. So maybe when I tried it on the pug it didn't take my ini settings for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X