Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated UT3 LAN Server

Hi All

Please, please help before I throw something out of the window!

I want to set up a simple, dedicated LAN UT3 server to play 1:1 DM with my daughter

I have a gigabit LAN, a beefy Win 2k3 Server and two decent clients.

I have installed the dedicated server, patched to 1.3 and used the Command Line generator to start a UT3 server on the server - ahem.

The UT3 server starts fine and sits there in a DOS Window (if you know what I mean).

The problem is that neither of my clients can see the UT3 server (they can see Windows shares, printers etc). I've opened 7777, 6500 and 13000 ports in Windows Firewall on the server. I've tried various command lines from this forum and still the same.

In desparation, I've installed the dedicated server pack on a client, but with the same result.

What am I doing wrong? On the client, do I just do MultiPLayer, Join Game, choose LAN and it should be listed in the server browser - right?

HELP!

Thanks

John

Originally posted by johnnyuk2 View Post
    I've opened 7777, 6500 and 13000 ports in Windows Firewall on the server.
    Did you also open/redirect these UDP ports in your router?

Have you tried connecting on a client machine using the OPEN command and then the internal IP of the server?

Comment

Well, the clients and server are all on the same LAN segment, connected by a switch, so no, I haven't tweaked anything on the router - do I need to?

And what's the "OPEN" command?

Thanks!

Comment

Well, the clients and server are all on the same LAN segment, connected by a switch, so no, I haven't tweaked anything on the router - do I need to?

And what's the "OPEN" command?

Thanks!

OK - did a bit more research - yes, I can connect using the OPEN command - what am I doing wrong?

Comment

OK - did a bit more research - yes, I can connect using the OPEN command - what am I doing wrong?
          OK - can connect two clients using the OPEN command.

Why can't I see the server in the Browser?

Thanks so far!

Comment

In order for your server to show up in the browser it's going to have to communicate with Gamespy... For that to happen you'll have to open the udp ports on your router and point them to your server... You'll also need to create a Gamespy account (on one of the client machines) that you only use for the server. Hopefully your router is 'full cone' and will support UT3.
            All that seems like a lot of effort if all you want to do is connect internally... which you have successfully done.

Edit: One other thing... Have you added ?bIsLanMatch=True to you server command line?

Comment

Originally posted by dirrty[starbuck] View Post
              In order for your server to show up in the browser it's going to have to communicate with Gamespy... For that to happen you'll have to open the udp ports on your router and point them to your server... You'll also need to create a Gamespy account (on one of the client machines) that you only use for the server. Hopefully your router is 'full cone' and will support UT3.
              All that seems like a lot of effort if all you want to do is connect internally... which you have successfully done.

Edit: One other thing... Have you added ?bIsLanMatch=True to you server command line?

Seems like madness for an internal LAN server!

I do have that entry in the command line by the way.

Thanks for all your help - I'll just use the OPEN command from now on - cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X