Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

runing more than 1 ut3 server on a dedicated box

Hello,

I have a dedicated box and I'd like to install 2 ut3 server on it.
    One WAR server and another BTA server.

The problem is that I get these error:
    War server: 'Log: Invalid multihome IP address 91.121.145.87:8887'
    Tam server: 'Log: Invalid multihome IP address 91.121.145.87:8888'
    and the war server is then running on port 7777 (the same port than another gameserver of another kind :/) and
    the BTA one is unreacheable :s

I hear about Adding a Subdirectory (Subdirectory link) in the command line for people who run more than 1 ut3 server on a dedicated box.

3 days i looking for that, i'm having a headache
    Can someone help me ?

Thanks and sorry for my english, I hope you can understand

EDIT: I'm runing Ubuntu 8.04 Server
    here is the command line of each server:
    Code:
    war server => /home/ut3/server/public/war_server/
    ./ut3 Server WAR-Torlan?Game=UTGameContent.UTOnslaughtGame_Content?GameMode=2?Numplay=0?MaxPlayers=12?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=0?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=3?BotSkill=4?bIsDedicated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAdvertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=false?bAllowJoinInProgress=true?AdminName=name?AdminPassword=pass -Login=gspylogin -Password=gspypass -Log=server.log -multihome=91.121.145.87:8887 -nohomedir -unattended

tam server => /home/ut3/server/public/tam_server/
    ./ut3 Server DM-Rankin?Game=BattleTeamArena.BattleTeamArena?GameMode=4?Numplay=0?MaxPlayers=12?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=0?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=3?BotSkill=4?bIsDedicated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAdvertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=false?bAllowJoinInProgress=true?AdminName=name?AdminPassword=pass -Login=gspaylogin -Password=gspypass -Log=server.log -multihome=91.121.145.87:8888 -nohomedir -unattended
    Just to know, how to add a mapvote for a specific mode like BTA?
    no mapvote when the server is running BTA :x

First of all dont use a port number in the multihome line, just an IP address;
    That is why you are getting the "Log: Invalid multihome IP address" error message.
    If you dont have multiple routable IPs on that box you dont even have to use the -multihome line.
    Second of all, leave a space of about 10 port numbers between servers. So you'd have 8888 for the first and second 8898
    Third, the subdir command is -configsubdir=server2 where server2 is the name of the folder.

Comment

I'll try, thanks
      About the port number, where will I put it if it's not in the multihome line?

The subdir command is strange.
      Can I launch mutliple servers with the same installation package ?

I mean this:
      Code:
      ./ut3 Server WAR-Torlan?Game=UTGameContent.UTOnslaughtGame_Content?GameMode=2?Numplay=0?MaxPlayers=12?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=0?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=3?BotSkill=4?bIsDedicated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAdvertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=false?bAllowJoinInProgress=true?AdminName=name?AdminPassword=pass -Login=gspaylogin -Password=gspypass -Log=myserver.log -configsubdir=war_config/ -nohomedir -unattended

./ut3 Server DM-Rankin?Game=Game=BattleTeamArena.BattleTeamArena?GameMode=4?Numplay=0?MaxPlayers=12?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=0?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=3?BotSkill=4?bIsDedicated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAdvertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=false?bAllowJoinInProgress=true?AdminName=name?AdminPassword=pass -Login=gspaylogin -Password=gspypass -Log=myserver.log -configsubdir=tam_config/ -nohomedir -unattended
      and all that commands in the same folder ?

Comment

There are three options for the port number: In the server ini-file, on the commandline as a -port=<xxxxx> option or in the server parameters (also on command line) as ?Port=<xxxxx>?.

You can launch multiple servers from the same install, each server will read it's ini-files from the directory specified with its -configsubdir relative to the UTGame\Config directory in the install location (assuming -nohomedir since configsubdir didn't work without it last time I checked, otherwise it's the same path but relative to My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 in the users document folder).
        Nothing strange about it.

Comment

^^^ this is exactly what we do, and the rest of the providers also

Comment

Thank you all a lot for these explanations

Comment

I have 2 servers running from the same install. I set up 2 .bat files so i could turn each one on and off separately for maintenance. I am not able to query the second server doing it this way however. The first one is on port 7777 and the second one is on 7500. I now have 2 config folders for each server. My question would be how to run multiple servers from the same box and be able to query both. As i run it now the query always pulls up server 1 and never server 2. They both do run as intended with current setup.

Comment

Working...
              X