Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Epic Request: A Release Candidate Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Request: A Release Candidate Patch

I have an issue with one of my server hosts, they refuse to upgrade to any beta patches, which kind of leaves me hanging with redirect bugs for custom maps. If you could release something semi-public for server owners only that will hold us over until 1.3 is finished.

I also tried extracting the patches with winrar and uploading all the files, but that results in the game not starting.

I agree. This really had a huge impact this weekend, and all of the great stuff I have heard over the past few months regarding 1.3, I cant even use. Can we get some love Epic?

Comment

Really just take whatever you got right now, I've tested them all, they work fine (fine as in isn't going to crash and burn). Rename it, and post it and send a email to GameServers.

Comment

I am also running on gameservers, I run all the betas on my server by the means you had specified actually. The problem with uploading your own patch is they are rather large. This causes one or more timeouts through the duration of the upgrade. It is not that hard to patch your server, basically break the files up into 3-4 portions. This will make it a lot less likely you will time out in the middle of a file, which BTW is why when you have tried this it would not start. Somewhere in your upload you did not get a complete file transfer or more then one. This is a bit of a pain if you run several servers but not impossible. Gameservers doesnt support any of this and for a really good reason. They just cannot handle the extra man hours of support on multiple beta builds. So that said if you want to run them be prepared to uninstall all the files on your server yourself. I just got done doing that actually so I maximize my compatibility for the new patch. I have been using gameservers for 2+ years and know a bunch of the guys there pretty well and I can tell you without a doubt they will not budge on this even if epic reworded beta to release candidate. On the other hand they get the final patch available immediately no messing around.

If you need any help with regards to gameservers you can hit me up on my forums and I can help you with just about anything ut.

dave

Comment

a release candidate patch is still a beta patch
          the beta patches released by epic are release candidates

Comment

I guess I don't fully understand the situation, my clans server is hosted by gameservers and all three patches are available at the click of a button. You do have to remove your ini files so the patch will write new ones but other than that it works perfectly. (if you don't remove your ini files the new ones will not overwrite your existing ones) The 1.3 patch was available on gameservers two hours after it was made public. Just go into the gameservers control panel for the server and click on the mod tab.

Comment

It shouldn't be necessary to remove the ini's to rewrite new ones. Just shut down the server and do the update, it'll take. I run two servers and updated them by overwriting with no problems.

Comment

Working...
              X