Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Adding Maps.Redirecting.Problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Maps.Redirecting.Problems.

This is how my redirect looks:

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
    AllowDownloads=False
    ConnectionTimeout=30.0
    InitialConnectTimeout=200.0
    AckTimeout=1.0
    KeepAliveTime=0.2
    MaxClientRate=15000
    MaxInternetClientRate=10000
    RelevantTimeout=5.0
    SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
    ServerTravelPause=4.0
    NetServerMaxTickRate=30
    LanServerMaxTickRate=35
    DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
    DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
    NetConnectionClassName=IpDrv.TcpipConnection
    IdleServerTickRate=30

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    RedirectToURL=http://uz3.gameservers.net/ut3/
    ProxyServerPort=
    ProxyServerHost=
    UseCompression=True

This is how my map cycle looks:
    GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Co ntent",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Reflection","CTF-Strident","CTF-Vertebrae","CTF-FacingWorlds","CTF-Searchlight"))

I attempted to add the FacingWorlds, and Searchlight maps to my server. I did put these to ut3.uz3 files into my utgame/cookedpc/published/custom maps. I even put the FacingWorlds_LOC.upk and Searchlight_LOC.upk, inside utgame/cookedpc/published/UI

I rent this server from gameservers.com remotely. I have had success in doing this before. But has been a long time since then. When I vote one of these two maps I added the server fails to switch and just stays motion less, but does not freeze just will not switch maps. Anybody know where the mistake is?

I'm not sure if this is what you've done, but it sounds like you're trying to use the compressed .uz3 files instead of the .ut3 maps files. Also check the readme files that came with the downloaded maps - you may be installing the .upk files to the wrong directory.

Instead of editing the GameSpecificMapCycles= by hand (so remove the 2 new entries), use the WebAdmin interface instead. If WebAdmin picks up the new maps you'll know you have them installed correctly and then you can update the maplist through the WebAdmin...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
      I attempted to add the FacingWorlds, and Searchlight maps to my server. I did put these to ut3.uz3 files into my utgame/cookedpc/published/custom maps. I even put the FacingWorlds_LOC.upk and Searchlight_LOC.upk, inside utgame/cookedpc/published/UI
      is?
      Pretty much what dirty said. Make sure you are not loading the compressed uz3 version on the server, and that you ARE loading the original. uz3 only needs to be uploaded to the redirect if it is not already on it.

Location of the ut3 files on a server: /UTGame/CookedPC/Maps
      Location of the upk files on a server: /UTGame/CookedPC/Maps
      Location of the map ini files on a server: /UTGame/Config

Hope the info helps.

Comment

I host an UT3 on a linux-root.
        My tree for CustomContent looks like this:
        UTGame->Published->CookedPC->CustomMaps
        "-----------------------------"->Scripts
        "------------------------------">Textures

and not:
        utgame/cookedpc/published/custom maps