Dedicated Server - Smoothwall Express 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Better to ask this on the Smoothwall forum...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Starbuck,

I have viewed the log files in Smoothwall firewall and notice this repeated entry:

00:27:19 eth2 ยป - UDP 192.168.2.108 138(NETBIOS-DGM) 192.168.2.255
    lookup block 192.168.2.255 138(NETBIOS-DGM)

Any idea what this is?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dirrty Starbuck,

Well if you were able to use the "Open Command" with success I would conclude this thread for Smoothwall is closed.

I created the login for Drewzdungeon (server) via the client PC. I have logged in several times to test the login access without issue.

I have created another login via the Gamespy.com website and changed the login on the server.

Tried your Query Port Tool but do not see anything happening

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Last night I was able to access your server by using the open command (check your logs)... but your server is not listed in the server browser.

Did you create a Gamespy account specifically for your UT3 server?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes the WebAdmin is accessible from the UT3 server in the Orange network on port 8888.
    I have looked through the logs on the firewall and nothing is showing up for 6500 or 13000.

Were you able to access the server on 7777?

Is there a tool that you are aware of that I could determine where the port blockage (UDP) is being retricted from?

PS: on another note, I have installed your WebStats and functioning perfect on port 8888.
    Also UT3Serverview inside PHPNuke is running smoothly!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All I can think of is that somehow the udp ports you have open 6500 & 13000 are blocked... What type of modem are you connecting to the internet with (does it have a built in firewall or something)? Check your Smoothwall firewall logs - see if there's anything that would indicate blocked traffic on those ports...

I was able to "connect" to your webadmin, and nothing appears to be wrong (to me) with your commandline, or console.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok Dirty Buck,,,, the start up command line:

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries\UT3.exe" Server DM-ShangriLa?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?AccessControl=U T3Stats.UT3Stats -login=<drewzdungeon> -password=<password> -unattended

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Post your start-up command line for the server...

When the server starts are there any stunserver errors in the console windows? Any errors at all?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I can browse the internet from my browser on the server!
    I can also see my UT3 Web Admin from outside the LAN on the internet!

http://www.drewzdungeons.com:8888/ServerAdmin/

Maybe it is taking time to progogate the DNS for the domain on http://www.dyndns.com/services/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you browse the internet from your server?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    **** IT!

I used your Query Tool without results.

If I use F10 with the following: open www.drewzdungeons.com

I get access to my server and can play

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not able to connect...

If you want to check the status of your server you can use the UT3 Query Port Lookup Tool on my blog.

Enter drewzdungeons.com and click submit... If nothing is returned it means your server is not on or visible...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow Dirty Buckster,,, that was a long haul,,, but can you do me a favour and test?

ut3://drewzdungeons.com:7777

Cheers to access???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Smoothwall was an easy installation and set up on 3 NIC - Red/Green/Orange
    Red = Internet
    192.168.1.1 Green
    192.168.1.2 Orange
    First problem I see... Green is okay as 192.168.1.1, but Orange should be 192.168.2.1 (as an example).

My network is setup with Green as 192.168.10.1 and Orange as 192.168.20.1

I really threw a loop into this mentioning the Orange network

This network diagram post may be helpful.
    This Green/Red/Orange discussion may be helpful as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks again Dirty Buck,

I do have "Open", but I do not understand your second mention of Orange with a DNS server address.

I put a post up on Smoothwall Forum

http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...224571#p224571

Question: If a ping returns on a NIC, does that confirm it is functional for the RJ45 connector? Just seems if I ping the orange through the green I have success, but to ping to the orange through the RJ45 connected is not successful or ping the server connected to the orange is not successful. I even changed the cable to confirm the cable is ok between orange NIC and server.

Wow, been a great learning experience, hope this gets sorted out soon, been spending more time on network setup than Fraggin'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X