Dedicated Server - Smoothwall Express 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    As much as I like Smoothwall I'm by no means a Smoothwall guru... You may need to hit up their forum of experienced users for help.

Just a couple of things...

Try installing Smoothwall again, but this time change the default firewall policy to Open instead of Half-open (which I think it defaults to)... It's been a while since I installed, but I remember this solved some issues for me.

Smoothwall will only provide DNS for machines connected to your Green interface. On machines connected to your Orange interface you will need to provide a DNS server address (opendns.com has a couple of freebees). Test this out by trying to connect to the internet from machines connected to either interface. This is an absolute must for your UT3 server...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the reply Dirty Buck, followed your steps further:
    1) reduced the port forward as you show above
    2) shutdown the firewall on the server
    3) created Smoothwall again now with Red, Green and Orange networks
    4) changed the server RJ45 cable from Green network to Orange NIC

from the Smoothwall GUI - ping the IP of Orange with success - 1ms
    from the client - ping the IP of the Orange with success - 1ms
    from the server - ping the IP of the Orange - 100% lost no packets
    from the client - ping the IP of the server - Destination host unreachable

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My Smoothwall configuration is slightly different. I installed one more network interface (Orange) - and my UT3 server runs on that. Here are my settings (you need to clean yours up ):

From my gaming rig (connected to the Green interface) I connect to the server via the in game browser. The server console shows that I connect from an internal address i.e. 192.168.10.105

Do you have a firewall active on you UT3 server? Turn it off while your testing, and then configure it later (if needed). I think you're pretty close, just way to many unneeded port configurations.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    gamespy accounts

yes, I can login on the client with both gamespy accounts and play online:

drewzdungeons = server
    silicastorm = client

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can you log into the game using your server's gamespy account?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UT3 requires FullConeNat.
    Open all outgoing ports (1024-65535) from your Client-machine(network) for playing.
    Server needs only open incoming 7777udp, 6500udp and an outgoing connection to stunserver.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Still no success with access to server from Internet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes the "open" command funtions with the LAN IP address.

Objective #1 is successful

Objective #2 is NOT successful; 217.164.148.226:7777

Leave a comment:

• replied
    does it work with direct connect: open 192.168.1.108ort

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Dedicated Server - Smoothwall Express 3.0

Dedicated Server - Smoothwall Express 3.0

Well I bit the bullet and built a PC running Smoothwall in hopes to have the UT3 server online.
    Objective #1 - to play on the server through my LAN
    Objective #2 - to allow others from outside the LAN to play on server

Smoothwall was an easy installation and set up on 2 NIC - Red/Green

Incoming port forwarding set up for the 6 ports UDP: 7777, 7778, 7787, 6500, 13000, 27900 with the static IP of the server 192.168.1.108

Incoming port forwarding set up for the 3 ports TCP: 7777, 7778, 27900 with the static IP of the server 192.168.1.108

I have a client PC with static IP 192.168.1.105 on the Green Network and unable to find the UT3 server in "Join Game" search via the LAN.

What needs to be configured in the ini files to allow everyone access and/or view UT3 server?
Working...
X