dedicated sever help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dedicated sever help

does any one have a website i can go to for help seting up a dedicated server..i cant get it right using these forums! i cant get mapvote going and are stats are not reporting!

The setting for mapvote is in the UTGame.ini file in the config folder (I believe.)

I belove the setting in the ini file is "bAllowMapVote=". To enble map vote, make sure this setting is set to True. If my memory servers me right, the setting appears multiple times in the ini, just set each occurrence to True.

If I am wrong on "bAllowMapVote" being the setting, just open the ini file in a text editor (wordpad, notepad, etc) and do a find in the file for mapvote. You should be able to find the setting.

Comment

thanx for the advice cha-chi..the mapvote is now working!!! any last suggestions to get my stats running? does it matter if i am hosting a dedicated server on one of my pcs on my lan and we all connect to it on the lan and the outside network? they should register right?

Comment

This is just another "shot in the dark" idea. If I am reading the post right, you are running the server via a local LAN only, correct? If that is the case, I would assume that gamespy stats won't be reported. One, obviously you are not connected to an outside network that reports to outside servers. And also, the gamespy stats are their for online play where people have to deal with things such as ping differentials.

So question is, will game spy reporting even work on a LAN only setup?

Now if I got it wrong from the start and people are accessing your server via Internet access, then other then making sure UDP 13000 is open to the server, I am not sure. Maybe something in your command line *shrug*

Comment

cha-chi thanx for continuing to help me..i have the map-vote up because of you..basically i have 5 pcs on my network..we play a lot of lan games on them but just recently i have turned one of the 5 into a server..it hosts are team speak and ut3.. i have it sey up through the router so that all the ports are opened up(like 5 of them) i also opened them up on windows..when my friends are at thier homes they can now connect to my dedicated server(works great) meanwhile i connect to it also by typing in my outside address and we game fine..so at times we have had like 6 players on it..im the only one connecting to it on the same network..the sever is advertised on the public severs...!! just the **** stats dont count! any ideas would be great!
          thanx again cha-chi

Comment

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3

Code:
            bUsesStats=[True|False] Report stats or not?

Try adding ?bUsesStats=True to your server's launch command line and see if that works.

Comment

Originally posted by besalope View Post
              http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3

Code:
              bUsesStats=[True|False] Report stats or not?

Try adding ?bUsesStats=True to your server's launch command line and see if that works.
              That is where I went with, "maybe something in command line." His suggestion is the last one I can possibly think of.

Comment

Originally posted by DR._MINDBENDER View Post
                just the **** stats don't count! any ideas would be great!
                thanx again cha-chi
                Is it a pure server? if not, your stats are logged elsewhere, you cant find them on enemydown or the main stats page in the leader boards. When viewing the leader boards -in game-, switch the stats reported at the bottom, i think it says 'other stats' or something at the bottom of the screen.

I am pretty sure: "bUsesStats=" is depreciated by the way, and the server automatically uses stats.

Comment

here is my log,do you guys see any problems

Init: Epic Internal: 0
                  Init: Compiled: Feb 13 2008 20:42:40
                  Init: Command line: Server CTF-FacingWorlds?MaxPlayers=16?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPubl icConnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPu blicConnections=16?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bSh ouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=Tr ue?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bU sesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesA rbitration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=Fal se?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating =1000.000000?EngineVersion=0?MinNetVersion=0?GameM ode=1?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Cam paign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName=CTF-FacingWorlds?CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTCTFGam e_Content?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?ServerDescriptio n=?NumPlay=1?game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content? name=gamesever -log=DedicatedServer.log -Login=gamesever -Password=admin
                  Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\
                  Init: Character set: Unicode
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditor.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEditorUserSettings.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTCompat.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTEngine.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTGame.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTUI.ini
                  Log: Deleting old log file DedicatedServer-backup-2008.07.21-14.27.20.log
                  Init: Computer: THEDOCTORPC
                  Init: User: thedoctor
                  Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=2
                  Init: High frequency timer resolution =14.318180 MHz
                  Init: Memory total: Phys=3142988K Pagef=4194303K Virt=2097024K
                  Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
                  Log: Failed to initialize stat notify provider CsvStatNotifyProvider
                  Log: Failed to initialize stat notify provider XmlStatNotifyProvider
                  Init: Presizing for 83221 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
                  Init: Object subsystem initialized
                  Init: Startup System Settings:
                  Init: System Settings:
                  Init: StaticDecals=true
                  Init: DynamicDecals=true
                  Init: DynamicLights=true
                  Init: DynamicShadows=true
                  Init: LightEnvironmentShadows=true
                  Init: CompositeDynamicLights=false
                  Init: DirectionalLightmaps=true
                  Init: MotionBlur=true
                  Init: DepthOfField=true
                  Init: Bloom=true
                  Init: QualityBloom=true
                  Init: Distortion=true
                  Init: DropParticleDistortion=false
                  Init: SpeedTreeLeaves=true
                  Init: SpeedTreeFronds=true
                  Init: OnlyStreamInTextures=true
                  Init: LensFlares=true
                  Init: FogVolumes=true
                  Init: FloatingPointRenderTargets=true
                  Init: Trilinear=true
                  Init: OneFrameThreadLag=false
                  Init: UseVsync=false
                  Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=true
                  Init: Fullscreen=true
                  Init: AllowD3D10=true
                  Init: EnableHighPolyChars=true
                  Init: SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
                  Init: ParticleLODBias=0
                  Init: DetailMode=2
                  Init: ShadowFilterQualityBias=1
                  Init: MaxAnisotropy=16
                  Init: MaxMultisamples=1
                  Init: MinShadowResolution=32
                  Init: MaxShadowResolution=512
                  Init: ResX=1920
                  Init: ResY=1200
                  Init: ScreenPercentage=100.000
                  Init: SceneCaptureStreamingMultiplier=1.000
                  Init: FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier=1.000
                  Init: ShadowTexelsPerPixel=2.000
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_World: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Character: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=1)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Effects: (MinLODSize= 256,MaxLODSize=1024,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=2048,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_UI: (MinLODSize=1024,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap: (MinLODSize= 512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                  Log: TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget: (MinLODSize= 1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)
                  Init: Friendly System Settings:
                  Init: TextureDetail=Level5
                  Init: WorldDetail=Level5
                  Init: bUseVSync=0
                  Init: bUseMSAA=0
                  Init: ScreenPercentage=100
                  Init: UpscaleScreenPercentage=1
                  Init: ResX=1920
                  Init: ResY=1200
                  Init: Fullscreen=1
                  Init: WinSock: I am thedoctor-PC (192.168.1.160:0)
                  Init: OS stats:
                  Init: Windows Vista
                  Init: RemoteDesktop=0
                  Init: Memory stats:
                  Init: Physical: 3069MB
                  Init: Virtual: 2047MB
                  Init: PageFile: 4095MB
                  Init: CPU stats:
                  Init: MeasuredPerformanceTime: 307.321 (stored result)
                  Init: Hyperthreaded: 1
                  Init: NumProcessorsPerCPU: 1
                  Init: NumLogicalProcessors: 2
                  Init: NumPhysicalProcessors: 2
                  Init: MaxSpeed: 2992
                  Init: CurrentSpeed: 2992
                  Init: CoresPerProcessor: 2
                  Init: IsOnBattery: 0
                  Init: BatteryLevel: -1
                  Init: Manufacturer: Intel
                  Init: CPUName: Unknown INTEL CPU
                  Init: L1CacheSize: 32
                  Init: L2CacheSize: -1
                  Init: Architecture: x86
                  Init: GPU stats:
                  Init: VendorID: 000010DE
                  Init: DeviceID: 00000611
                  Init: DriverVersion: 7.15.11.7474
                  Init: DeviceName: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
                  Init: DriverName: nvd3dum.dll
                  Init: PixelShaderVersion: 3
                  Init: VertexShaderVersion: 3
                  Init: VRAMQuantity: 512
                  Init: DedicatedVRAM: 495
                  Init: AdapterCount: 1
                  Init: SupportsHardwareTnL: 1
                  Init: GPU DeviceID not found in ini.
                  Init: Machine detected compatibility level: Composite: 3. CPU: 5. GPU: 3.
                  Init: Previous detected compatibility level: Composite: 3. CPU: 5. GPU: 3.
                  Log: Initializing FaceFX...
                  Log: FaceFX initialized:
                  Log: version 1.710000
                  Log: licensee Unreal Engine 3 Licensee
                  Log: project Unreal Engine 3 Project
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Core.int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Engine.int
                  Log: Loaded shader cache LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.CacheObject: 3405 shaders(0 legacy, 0 redundant), 335 materials
                  Log: Loaded shader cache RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.CacheObject: 24748 shaders(0 legacy, 842 redundant), 2548 materials
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\UnrealScriptTest.int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGame.int
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeapon.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTCustomChar.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTMap.ini
                  Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeb.ini
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\OnlineSubsystemGameSpy. int
                  Init: Version: 3543
                  Init: Epic Internal: 0
                  Init: Compiled: Feb 13 2008 20:45:17
                  Init: Command line: CTF-FacingWorlds?MaxPlayers=16?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPubl icConnections=16?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPu blicConnections=16?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bSh ouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=Tr ue?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bU sesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence=True?bUsesA rbitration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=Fal se?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRating =1000.000000?EngineVersion=0?MinNetVersion=0?GameM ode=1?Difficulty=2?PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Cam paign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName=CTF-FacingWorlds?CustomGameMode=UTGameContent.UTCTFGam e_Content?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?ServerDescriptio n=?NumPlay=1?game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content? name=gamesever -log=DedicatedServer.log -Login=gamesever -Password=admin
                  Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\
                  Init: Character set: Unicode
                  Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
                  Log: Initializing Game Engine...
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
                  Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
                  Init: UEngine initialized
                  Log: Looking for DLC...
                  Log: Object size..............: 60
                  Log: Actor size...............: 436
                  Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
                  Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448

Comment

Looks fine to me. I was going to call out the spaces between some of the words in the startup (which can cause things to not "tick" right if the spaces are in the startup line) but then I looked at the quote I had just made and the spaces weren't there.

Not sure what else it could be. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                    X