Server Setup Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Setup Question..

Hiya, I was wondering, if anyone knows that is. Is there a Server CD Key like there was in UT2004. Considering Epic still hasn't fixed any of the network related issues, how can I install my copy of UT3 on my second machine and have it run as a server. I don't like the dedicated server setup stuff that was released as it's too screwy and you gotta know what your doing. I want to be able to set it up with graphic interface as your supposed to be able to do using the software.

You need to create a GameSpy account for the dedicated server. There is no server key but running a one server + one client from the same key should not be a problem.

Comment

It does not work, never has since I got the game. All I want is network play. Trying to run one server + one client = crash or game running in singleplayer mode.

Comment

I'm sorry but "it does not work" is nowhere near enough information to give any advice.

I strongly recommend launching a dedicated server from a batch file, with its own INI and log files. It's really not that hard (see the UnrealAdmin Wiki for more info).

All I can say is that it worked when I tried it back in initial release times.

Comment

Working...
        X