Dedicated Server - Full Cone NAT Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated Server - Full Cone NAT Router

Well, the Epic team have really let down the peeps of UT3 down when it comes to setting up a dedicated server. Been bashing away for two weeks with setting up a Dedicated Server.

Seems after all cross-checking the issue was always with Epic to allow Dedicated Servers the ability to be hosted behind a router. Finally determined that hosting your own dedicated server requires a FULL CONE NAT ROUTER.

If you have been successful in setting up your own Dedicated Server, could you please advise the Manufacture, model and config for the FULL CONE NAT Router you are using ???

Originally posted by SilicaStorm View Post
    If you have been successful in setting up your own Dedicated Server, could you please advise the Manufacture, model and config for the FULL CONE NAT Router you are using ???
    I'm having great success using my own home made router/firewall using Smoothwall... Once set up, it's as easy as forwarding the necessary ports.

The concept is you take an older pc, throw a few nics in it and install the Smoothwall (open source) software on it. They have a great community for help.

http://www.smoothwall.org/

Comment

I just wanted to say, smoothwall is really, really awesome. I have used it in all different kinds of installations from home, businesses, lan parties, whatever. Its free, gets the job done, and lets you build your dream firewall Frankenstein style

Comment

Here is a link which has a nice list of routers and their nat types.

http://gex.cs.uni-tuebingen.de/?mod=results&lan=de

Comment

So are there no workarounds or hacks for this? :/

Comment

Will it work for me? Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
            X