Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packet Loss (Linux Dedicated)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    CVROY, yeah the server has behaved on Windows 2k3 so far touch wood. Its only needed starting once after automatic updates. After that not had to touch it.

    Lasher - Its not a Linux fault. I had it running on Ubuntu 7.10 Server and Fedora Core 8. I have lost count of the number of Linux servers I have built in work and none of them just ignore the packets. Both Linux servers were fully up to date. Selinux off and on and firewalls configured as the windows box is

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Lasher View Post
      This command shows the kernel parameters for your linux box... maybe I could to help you (or help Epic) with this...
      This is the same box I had my UT2004 server on and I could hold 20 players without any hiccup (unless a high ping player joined).

      Since UT3 the server just starts running all yucky after a while with the packets.

      Originally posted by mandelbug View Post
      Its not a Linux fault
      I don't know where the problem lies, but as I said UT2004 and other server types on this box have had no issues in the past.

      I may go windows next week which sucks because I'll probably have to switch providers... oh well.

      Comment


        #18
        I installed windows at the same machine several days ago.
        24 players are no problem at all. So i can confirm this bug affects the linux binary only.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by EraZ View Post
          I installed windows at the same machine several days ago.
          24 players are no problem at all. So i can confirm this bug affects the linux binary only.
          Yeah it looks that way, not touched mine since installing it all. Looks like a Service provider fault at the mo but its been running sweet since going Windoze.

          Still have one linux server to play with as well should any fixes appear

          Comment


            #20
            Bit of an update, it wasnt a service provider fault. Looks like the UT3 process was broadcast storming causing complete network down. Restarting the UT3 server app resolved it.

            There is a "smart" command somewhere that will check if the service is alive and if necessary restart it so will look into that.

            Comment


              #21
              OK, I'm swithcing over to windows when current providers cycle is over... bye-bye linux

              Comment


                #22
                I'm getting basically the same problem on a Windows XP Pro SP2 server (3.2GHz P4 1GB RAM). I have run servers since the early days and this is about as much hassle as the original Unreal online!

                My problem is if my server is full for about 3 rounds, I then can't pick up certain items. I haven't been monitoring packetloss when this happens. I can reconnect and it works for a little bit longer then happens again sometimes in the same level I reconnected to. When I check everyone's pings, they look fine which is weird. I haven't tried messing with tickrates yet. Never had to do this on any UT server so far so I'm amazed how much probs with this. Hopefully someone will figure this out but my guess is its a bug and will have to be patched.

                Comment

                Working...
                X