Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone I know has problems hosting a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone I know has problems hosting a game?

Hi all,

Let's get straight to the point. I don't know what Epic did do yesterday, but it seems they broke the stunserver running at stunserver.org (or misused their policy, which claims to use stunserver.org as an example, not a default property). Anyway, everyone that could host a game before now receives the "Please check your routers guide" error when they want to host, which makes the servers unconnectable. It all happened suddently after around 10 PM GMT+1, before that I didn't had the error, after it, i've been getting it ever since. Even guys that have a DMZ receive it now, so the suggestion in the error itself is useless aswell.

Also, running a stunserver by your own doesn't fix the connection problem (it fixes the error 9/10 times, but not the possibilty to connect, even to guys with DMZ enabled).

EPIC, cut the **** already and fix this error which seems to have popped up since 1.1 (since it DIDN'T gave me the error in 1.0).

How is it you think "they broke the stunserver"? I.E. why are you blindly assuming Epic did something? Perhaps the problem is at stunserver.org itself or with it's hosting service.

Comment

I'm only a simple end-user, when something doesn't work, it's to producer's fault xD

Anyway, I checked with NetPeeker, and it seems it shows one port being blocked (I suppose it's to port that connects to Stunserver.org, perhaps Stunserver.org refuses connections from UT3 right now?).

Try it yourself, I would like to know how many of you get the error now aswell all of a sudden. And if it occurs, could you try checking if you have a "blocked" port when using Netpeeker.

Comment

STUN is not required for the server to work. I block STUN completely at all times and can run a UT3 server just fine.

Comment

May I ask how you blocked it? And don't you get the error at all? Altered the HOST file to aim stunserver.org to 127.0.0.1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by LennardF1989 View Post
            Anyway, everyone that could host a game before now receives the "Please check your routers guide" error when they want to host, which makes the servers unconnectable.
            I do not have this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LennardF1989 View Post
              May I ask how you blocked it? And don't you get the error at all? Altered the HOST file to aim stunserver.org to 127.0.0.1 ?
              My firewall blocks anything not explicitly allowed. I never allowed STUN in either direction. I do not get any error, server shows in list and I can join it (from outside the firewall). No tricks played with hosts.

Comment

Working...
              X