Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Dedicated PS3 Warfare Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dedicated PS3 Warfare Server

See this post for more details:
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=607151

We need better Server Administration tools!! Whether this comes from the community or Epic doesn't matter but it needs to be done. Granting Admin rights and having a WebAdmin developed for the PS3 version are all key!

The MOST important thing that needs to be fixed however is the Dedicated Server Memory leaks. A dedicated Warfare Server (likely other gametypes too) will last an average of 10-12 hours until it MUST be rebooted. Unless the server is idle it will not surpass that average uptime under any circumstance. If Epic is running all their Dedicated Servers for consoles on PS3 as they claim then they should know this already. Please fix! Why didn't the patch resolve this? Our Server has such a tedious and annoying maintenance schedule JUST TO KEEP IT RUNNING. I don't mind maintenance (I'm an Engineer afterall) but a 10-12 hour lifespan for any server software is just unacceptable by any standard. I'm sure the Epic Developers and any other Devs out there would agree!

We also need Bans that are permanent and/or by IP for the PS3.

The name select bug was supposed to be fixed in the first patch as I believe I saw it mentioned in the first PC Patch ChangeLog. It is NOT fixed yet. Selecting names from a dedicated server to send msgs, invite, friend request, kick, or kick/ban is sometimes broken. If you highlight one user name and it selects another resulting in the WRONG person kicked. Sometimes it highlights two names at once and when you hit X it selects 1 of the 2 and never lets you get to the other name. This may be present with Listen Servers and even client-side too. So between those two bugs we quite often can't even manage our active users. Very frustrating and again this is not acceptable by even the most liberal software standards. We don't even have the reliable ability to select a user and send a msg or kick etc. I have to cross my fingers before selecting any name.

I understand that Consoles are 'traditionally listen servers' as Mark Rein put it. However, there ARE now Community Owned and Administered Dedicated servers in the Next-Gen space and they will only grow. (hopefully) I'll never expect the PS3 build of UT to meet all the Server Administration and Customization standards of the PC but at least make it functional and realistic to own and operate.

Overall UT3 is still as good as it gets in the multiplayer arena. (from the client-side) So if this ever DOES reach any Epic/Midway Devs; job well done on this product! Whether you worked on the engine, in graphics and regardless of the PC, PS3 or XBox platform: I applaud your hardwork. You work for a great company with great vision (ex: GameSpy partnership, User-Generated Content on the PS3 and more) PLEASE make these much needed changes so our Public Server can finally grow to a farm of SEVERAL more! At the very least confirm whether these administration issues are or are not being worked on. Right now administering just one server takes up more than enough of our time (we bounce it twice daily and send constant msgs to explain the maintenance schedule and name select bugs) so growing our Unreal datacenter is impossible without these necessary fixes. Thank you!

+1.....we need the bility to host a dedicated server from a PC!!!

WE NEED BETTER SERVERS!! sometimes with the freezes & the lag is almost impossible to play!!!

Comment

what about this tool the guys from Epic were developing recently - dedicated PS3 server for PC?

Comment

no more information has been released about it yet!

Comment

I don't understand why when someone makes any suggestions to make the game better, they get banned.

Comment

Originally posted by RC54 View Post
            I don't understand why when someone makes any suggestions to make the game better, they get banned.
            He didn't get banned for this post. It was something else.

Comment

Oh, I see. That makes more sense.

Can you tell me what it was that got him banned?

Comment

Working...
              X