UT3 BonusPack (1) maps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 BonusPack (1) maps...

Aside from just digging through my installed UT dirs, how would I go about getting the bonus pack material on my (remotely) hosted server?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Valis View Post
    Aside from just digging through my installed UT dirs, how would I go about getting the bonus pack material on my (remotely) hosted server?

Thanks!
    Glad someone asked this because I am having the same problem getting them on my server as well.

Comment

I uploaded the .upk and .ut3 files the exe installed into my cooked pc/maps directory, but the server crashes when i vote for one of the maps. I'll update when I figure out what I'm missing.

A zip version would have been nice.

Comment

guys, just use winrar and extract the .exe installer and that should do it. you'll have all the files you need in folders ready to upload to your server. good luck!

Comment

Thanks...that worked much better.

Comment

Yes, thanks. That's quite awesome. I never knew you could do that. (I used 7-zip).

Comment

Thanks for the help Wolverine, I also used 7zip.

Comment

I am at work and do not have the server directory in front of me, but with Windows (we are using Server 2003) if we manually extract them with WinRar, is this to be put under C:\program files\UT
                or
                My Documents\My Games\UT

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by WoLvErInE View Post
                  guys, just use winrar and extract the .exe installer and that should do it. you'll have all the files you need in folders ready to upload to your server. good luck!

When I unzip them I get 7 upk files for face and one ut3 file.

Do I use all 7 upk files?

Or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks Tileman.

Comment

The upk files end in the abbreviated country name they are intended for, I uploaded all of mine although I do not believe it's needed. I'm thinking the client's settings will determine which upk will be requested for download.

Comment

It's better to upload them all. They don't weight so much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by WGH View Post
                        It's better to upload them all. They don't weight so much anyway.
                        Good point

Comment

Facing Worlds is much to bright for a CTF Map.
                          d00d, i can't even see teh enemy, thogh it's a good necris remake the enviroment is much bright.
                          I want the clasic FACE in space, all dark, it would be much better.

Comment

Thanks for the info so far.

I did upload all the upk files 6 total and the one ut3 file and when we vote for the map (face) it just times out and kicks me out of the game.

I seen the ini file in there but it also has the dm game and the other CTF map all in one ini I did upload the after the 1st try and still no go.

Thanks.
                            tileman

Comment

It works for me but. Am I going to have to put the Morbias Station.ut3 in the gamerservers.net/ut3 folder. So public users who join my server can download it off of this redirect site? Right now with it not being in the public redirect. Which is the redirect site I use; its ultra slow download. So I am attempting to add this map in the gamerservers.net/ut3 public redirect.

Comment

Working...
                              X