UT3 Linux Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Linux Server

I have trouble in installing a dedicated UT3 server with my Debian Linux.

I patched up to V1.2 but once launchrd I got the following messages:

Init: ResX= 800
    Init: ResY= 600
    Init: Fullscreen=0
    Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
    Aborting.

Log:
    Developer Backtrace:
    Log: [ 1] ./ut3-bin [0x8d584e2]
    Log: [ 2] [0xffffe420]
    Log: [ 3] ./ut3-bin [0x8051a3e]
    Log: [ 4] ./ut3-bin [0x804b772]
    Log: [ 5] /lib/tls/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf4) [0x40053974]
    Log: [ 6] ./ut3-bin [0x804adb1]

It seems that I have not installed this SELINUX stuff, since I cannot see
    /etc/sysconfig/selinux
    I edited the ld.so.conf and add the line "/usr/local/ut/ut3-dedicated/Binaries"

So, any comments from EPIC how the community is able to install their stuff?

House

/etc/sysconfig/ is not used by Debian, It installs SELinux related files in /etc/selinux/. UT3 does not require SELinux to run, chances are that it'll have more trouble if you install SELinux. Which Debian are you running, Etch (a.k.a. stable)?
    To find out what is causing the crash, use strace to see what syscall is failing, that should give a hint about what is needed.

You do not need to change ld.so.conf, the launcher script takes care of setting the library path before starting the binary.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedApe View Post
      /etc/sysconfig/ is not used by Debian, It installs SELinux related files in /etc/selinux/. UT3 does not require SELinux to run, chances are that it'll have more trouble if you install SELinux. Which Debian are you running, Etch (a.k.a. stable)?
      To find out what is causing the crash, use strace to see what syscall is failing, that should give a hint about what is needed.

You do not need to change ld.so.conf, the launcher script takes care of setting the library path before starting the binary.

Thanks for passing me some tips:

I use a very nice Distribution: Debian GNU/Linux version 3.1
      And I checked /etc/selinux/--this folder is not there. Probably this means this SEcurityLinux isn't installed yet--and I will not do so: I don't want to host the world's famous bankaccount data, I only want to launch a dedicated UT3baby.

strace will not work for me:

-bash: strace: command not found
      h1305542:/usr/local/ut/ut3-dedicated/Binaries# strace ./ut3-bin
      h1305542:/usr/local/ut/ut3-dedicated/Binaries# strace ut3-bin
      h1305542:/usr/local/ut/ut3-dedicated/Binaries# ls
      libPhysXCore.so ut3 ut3-bin
      h1305542:/usr/local/ut/ut3-dedicated/Binaries# strace ./ut3-bin
      h1305542:/usr/local/ut/ut3-dedicated/Binaries#

Ofcourse I removed the Binary path already, cause it took no effect for me.

In the end I am at the beginning again.

Comment

strace is a package of its own so you need to install it. Get root privs and do
        Code:
        apt-get install strace
        However, you say you're running 3.1, that is a very old release. Currently stable Debian is 4.0r3. In fact, 3.1 is so old that security patching will be terminated in a month. I strongly suggest upgrading to 4.0, it's not inconcievable that this alone will solve your problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try the strace.
          Is anyone of EPIC's experts sharing this opinion? Is it needed to upgrade the version for running UT3? Is there given a minimum requirements for this UT3 V1.2 LINUX version?

Cause in the end I may mess up the server... There is whatever mail/php/sql/WebServer/ftp/webshop/Admintools etc. installed on it too. So too much work to get all running then I think.
          If it is needed to upgrade, I will NOT do it, but then I am sure not to have an UT3 LINUX server and do not need to bother here all friendly forum members.

Comment

Updating is maybe more an issue because of security issues than compatibility with UT3, I did not mean to imply it was necessary for UT3.

Looking at the output from
            Code:
            ldd <install_path>/Binaries/ut3-bin
            should tell you if there are any library issues. Other than that, strace remains the best tool to hunt this problem down.

Comment

I have a similar problem with my debian dedicated server
              When i launch the ut3 server as root all goes fine but when launch it as a normal user dont go and in log there is Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault] too.
              The problen for me was than the virtual user of my box dont have a home directory and i solved it with -nohomedir in the ut3 launch command line.
              Now i can launch it without problems

Comment

Init: Compiled: Feb 20 2008 00:44:51
                Init: Command line: -nohomedir
                Init: ResX= 800
                Init: ResY= 600
                Init: Fullscreen=0
                Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
                Aborting.

gountlet' s tip fail.

The ldd command gives this back:

h1305542:/usr/local/ut/ut3-dedicated/Binaries# ldd ut3-bin
                libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x4001c000)
                libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x4003e000)
                libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x40174000)
                libdl.so.2 => /lib/tls/libdl.so.2 (0x40183000)
                /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)

Is that OK for the experts?

I did the strace after installation:
                It seems to me that the error begins here:

fstat64(4, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=15460, ...}) = 0
                old_mmap(NULL, 15460, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 4, 0) = 0x4126b000
                close(4) = 0
                access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                open("/lib/tls/i686/mmx/cmov/libPhysXCore.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                stat64("/lib/tls/i686/mmx/cmov", 0xbfffec4c) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                open("/lib/tls/i686/mmx/libPhysXCore.so", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                stat64("/lib/tls/i686/mmx", 0xbfffec4c) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
                etcetcetc....

Maybe the CPU doesn't fit? Or has it to do with the (ofcourse missing) physicscard? Why are there any folders missing? Must I upgrade the Debian?
                Questions after questions...

Comment

Are you by any chance trying to launch the ut3-bin directly? Don't do that, use the ut3 script.

Also, could you post the complete command line you're using when you try to launch the server.

Comment

Problem solved. Thanks to anyone who helped...

Comment

Originally posted by [UTW]HouseWife View Post
                      Problem solved. Thanks to anyone who helped...
                      How was the problem solved?

Comment

I tried all the time a setup according to this posted manual
                        But, it does not work for me.

Your server must run with this command:
                        go into the binaries directory and execute this command:

./ut3 Server DM-Defiance

This is posted at unrealadmin.org.

And it came up.

The given script in the link above is still not OK.
                        But, OK, for start/stop it seems OK if you ignore some errormessages. Currently I got other probs with the server.

Although my server is up and running, I added a MapVote today, it works fine- since the built in never worked for me, and yes all was set to true in the tons of doubled .ini files....

Redirection? Yes, currently without zipped files, but it works.

Now I am creating the WebAdmin, you knew that the Webadmin is not in the DedicatedServer Package? No? then search your Web folder in /UT3...

And yes: It works with Debian 3.1, and all update procedure givenhere says 'Ah updaditing debian is a piece of cace'..SUURRRE.
                        Probably I stay with Debian 3.1 until I wil be hacked, then I have to make all new in any case.

The WebAdmin (V1.0 officialrelease) currently cannot bind to a port. So, try to google for 'how to open ports in a DebianFirewall', you will get loughter back.

All together it is way too hard to set up a simple dedicated server. I fight against the LINUX and the UT3 serverstuff--wondering why I do so.

House

btw:
                        I am thinking to create an own german! instruction how to set up a UT3 server under LINUX---for real beginners who even not know how to download a file per http.

Comment

BTW. I solved the Problem with WebAdmin tool.
                          Had nothing to do with my firewall (maybe I got none?) LOL
                          I really wonder why the port is set to 80, which will NEEEEVER work.

Comment

I have a UT3 dedicated server running on Ubuntu (7.10)

Log: Initializing FaceFX...
                            Log: FaceFX initialized:
                            Log: version 1.710000
                            Log: licensee Unreal Engine 3 Licensee
                            Log: project Unreal Engine 3 Project
                            Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization/int/Core.int
                            Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization/int/Engine.int
                            Log: Loaded shader cache RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.CacheObject: 24748 shaders(5 legacy, 0 redundant), 2548 materials
                            Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization/int/UnrealScriptTest.int
                            Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization/int/UTGame.int
                            Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ../UTGame/Config/UTWeapon.ini
                            Critical: appError called:
                            Critical: Bad name index -536870894/23833
                            Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
                            Critical: Error reentered: Bad name index 6176768/23833
                            Log:
                            Developer Backtrace:
                            Log: [ 1] ./ut3-bin [0x8d584e2]
                            Log: [ 2] [0xffffe420]
                            Log: [ 3] ./ut3-bin [0x8c8a7e8]
                            Log: [ 4] ./ut3-bin [0x8c8d2ff]
                            Log: [ 5] ./ut3-bin [0x8cd6404]
                            Log: [ 6] ./ut3-bin [0x8cd6614]
                            Log: [ 7] ./ut3-bin [0x8ce144b]
                            Log: [ 8] ./ut3-bin [0x8d2041d]
                            Log: [ 9] ./ut3-bin [0x804f93b]
                            Log: [10] ./ut3-bin [0x8053299]
                            Log: [11] ./ut3-bin [0x804b772]
                            Log: [12] /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe6) [0xb7e35456]
                            Log: [13] ./ut3-bin [0x804adb1]
                            Exit: Exiting.
                            Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
                            Uninitialized: Log file closed,

Comment

That one probably died to overuse of colors in the post. J/K. But really, the colors chosen does make it difficult to read. Dark on dark is not good.

Comment

Working...
                              X