Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Elohim View Post
    There is one issue I found. Sometimes the compressed file does not get placed in the same directory where the source file lives

For example, when I tried to compress the following:
    C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\Tutorial. ut3

it placed it here,
    C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\Unpublished\CookedPC\CUSTOM~1 \Tutorial.ut3.uz3

Bizarre ...
    Adding the "-nohomedir" parameter to the ut3.com command line should fix this. ie,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.com" compress "%1" -nohomedir

The new .uz3 files should now be found in the same directory where the original .ut3/.upk/.u files are located.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    download what they told u to download and youll be able to decompress
    Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
    i used the UT3 Vice Tool to decompress files and it seems to work most of the time. got some corrupt files but they might have been that way from the dl to start. most worked.

http://www.fileplanet.com/187733/180...mpression-tool

http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=6890

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So how do I decompress a .uz3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    to use compression on the server do i need to enable anything or it will just see and use the compressed files now? thx!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i used the UT3 Vice Tool to decompress files and it seems to work most of the time. got some corrupt files but they might have been that way from the dl to start. most worked.

http://www.fileplanet.com/187733/180...mpression-tool

http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=6890

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get an error message when trying to decompress a ut3.uz3 file, it says it's a non-valid unreal package?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry. I wasn't reading your original post correctly. No, you can't uncompress a upk file with these methods.

These methods take an original uncompressed file (like a .ut3 map or a .upk file) and compress them into uz3 files for placement on a redirect server. And then if desired you can take the uz3 file and decompress it back to the original file (like a upk file).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I install the 1.2 patch, but when I try to decompress a upk file, this message appear:

Init: version: 3543
    Init: Epic Internal: 0
    Init: Compiled: Feb 13 2008 20:45:17
    Init: Command Line: "C:\Program files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\CTF_Flags.upk"
    Init: Bse directory: C:\Program files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\
    Init: Character set: Unicode
    Log: Executing Class IpDrv.DecompressCommandlet
    Error, Compressed files must end in .uz3

Warning/Error summary
    ----------------------
    Error, Compressed files must end in .uz3

Failure - 1error<s>, 0 warning<s>

Execution of commandlet took: 0.07 seconds
    This tool should be decompress upk files, right? It's telling me that's only decompress .uz3 files...

I only download the 1.2 patch... I never installed the 1.1 path, maybe it's the problem or something else?

PS: There are some other tool to uncompress upk files?

Thanks in advanced

Edit: I installed the 1.1 patch but it's worst... With this just happend the first problem...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Elohim View Post
    There is one issue I found. Sometimes the compressed file does not get placed in the same directory where the source file lives

For example, when I tried to compress the following:
    C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\Tutorial. ut3

it placed it here,
    C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\Unpublished\CookedPC\CUSTOM~1 \Tutorial.ut3.uz3

Bizarre ...
    This is because UT3.com isn't handling the long file (folder) name properly. UT3.exe would.

Originally posted by estecb
    I'm traying to decompress a upk file... I do every step from the elohim method perfectly... but when I try to decompress a upk game file, a DOS windows appears then the game is automaticly executed (runned)... but the file was not extracted.

I don't installed any patch to the game. I need some patch or something?
    You would need the latest patch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it's my first post here

I'm traying to decompress a upk file... I do every step from the elohim method perfectly... but when I try to decompress a upk game file, a DOS windows appears then the game is automaticly executed (runned)... but the file was not extracted.

I don't installed any patch to the game. I need some patch or something?

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advanced

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe start a topic for this, you may yield a better response, this topic is about compressing/decompressing files (thats all people see in the title).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When is the creator of Redirect Checker making a UT3 version? That's the best and easiest of all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gämmö View Post
    Thaks, works fine. Only it kills the Ut3 icon on the files and replaces it with a Word Document Icon. It can get a bit confusing, but the ease of selecting a file and then with one single right click to compress is awesome.

Nice work man.
    Easily fixed.

1) Open the Explorer, select menu option Tools | Options and click on the File Types tab.
    2) Click New, type UZ3 and click OK.
    3) Click the Advanced button, then Change Icon... and browse for the UT3 executable to select the icon and click OK.
    4) Click OK and then Close to exit the Folder Options dialog.

(I used CookerSync.exe so compressed files use the green U icon.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thaks, works fine. Only it kills the Ut3 icon on the files and replaces it with a Word Document Icon. It can get a bit confusing, but the ease of selecting a file and then with one single right click to compress is awesome.

Nice work man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how do you compress/decompress ut files on linux?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X