Verizon FIOS Actiontech MI424-WR router port forwarding for server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verizon FIOS Actiontech MI424-WR router port forwarding for server

After a half dozen tries I finally got this working. Yes, the 15/15 service is excellent. The Actiontech MI424-WR router has way too many options, no manual, very poor and stupid interface, like a console. So, I hope this is helpful to others, because it does work great when you get it right.

0) Login to the router via a web browser http://192.168.1.1
    1) Select Firewall Settings
    2) Click "Yes" to Warning
    3) Select "Port Forwarding" from the menu on the left
    4) Click the red highlighted "Add" to go to the "Add Port Forwarding Rule" page.
    5) Ignore (DO NOT CHECK) the check box "Specify Public IP Address"
    6) For line "Networked Computer / Device" select "Specify Address" and type in the internal IP for your server ex. 192.168.1.5
    7) For line "Protocol" select "Specify Protocol" and Click the red highlighted "Add" to go to the "Edit Service" page.
    8) For line "Service Name" Type in UT3 (or whatever I guess)
    9) Click the red highlighted "Add Server Ports" to get to the "Edit Service Server Ports" page
    10) For line "Protocol" select "UDP"
    11) For line "Source Ports" select "Any"
    12) For line "Destination Ports" select "single" and type in "6500"
    13) Click "Apply" to go you back to the "Edit Service" page.
    13) Repeat steps 9-13 but type in "7700"
    14) Repeat steps 9-13 but type in "13000"
    15) Click "Apply" to go you back to the "Add Port Forwarding Rule" page.
    16) The defaults for the next 3 lines are good.
    17) Click "Apply" to get you back to the "Port Forwarding" page.
    18) Click "Apply" to save your settings.
    19) Test it to make sure it works.

My server is back up on UT3 v1.2

Ill try this when i get home and give you the THumbs up
    So far i got my webadmin working, the server name to show on the webadmin, but yet not to show in the list lol, maybe this will help i got the 15/15 aswell

Comment

oldkawman1

I did this as well, and no go.

question?

Did you set up static IPs for your network? I see the actiontec has routing by the computer name (which should be fine)

I pretty much gave up trying to host a game. (I was not looking to run dedicated, just host a game my friends could join)

I have the 20/20 FIOS package - its insane.

Comment

ill get u an answer trust me ok

Comment

Originally posted by cisco0623 View Post
          oldkawman1

I did this as well, and no go.

question?

Did you set up static IPs for your network? I see the actiontec has routing by the computer name (which should be fine)

I pretty much gave up trying to host a game. (I was not looking to run dedicated, just host a game my friends could join)

I have the 20/20 FIOS package - its insane.

I only use the dedicated server, never hosted on my game box. I do not use static IP. The router uses a name, but, it also has an IP number address. I use the IP number. The router keeps the name for the PC, but, the number changes when it reboots sometimes and I have to edit the router setup to change the number.

You need to turn off your windows firewall, but, that's OK because your behind the router firewall.

I think when you host a game, only port 7700 must be forwarded because no gamespy or stats is used.

If you have an older computer laying around, you can use it as a dedicated server. With a Linux server, almost any single core P4 or Athlon XP computer can be used as a server for DM, TDM, or CTF. You do not need a monitor. I ran a 2.4 GHz P4 as a 12 player CTF and DM server for several weeks. I tracked down some of the players to get performance feedback, all said it was fine. I use a Athlon 64 San Diego cpu clocked at 2.6GHz on my warfare server, my old ut2004 game box now with a cheap vid card. When you play on a pure dedicated server, you never know who will drop in, unless you PW protect it, plus stats are recorded.

Comment

Working...
          X