Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

"package not found download was already attempted" errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here is an update:

This bug is huge our server was a top 10 server and now it is ranked in the forties - loss of traffic. We get lots of vehicle load errors and that brio rifle error. We get failed to load cicada error and failed to load spma error often.

We had a 6v6 rumble on our server. Three people could not get on the server because of this load error and the server was running the map Downtown (a stock map). What should I do - start taking stock maps off the server? I restarted the server and everyone was able to load in. Then one player lost connection during the rumble and was never able to log back on because he got the error message (this was on the map Torlan_Leviathan -another stock map). The team playing with 5 players lost to the team playing with 6 players.

This error is destroying this game - less traffic and hurting even/fair gameplay. Epic needs to give it some attention!!!

Comment

Maddog from what I have experienced the faulty map does NOT have to be the map that is currently loading at the time to cause the error. It appears the error is randomly generated by the server just by having a problem map loaded on the server.

Maybe we should put our maplists together and we can do a community "weed" job and identify those maps that are proven to caused issues.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
        Maddog from what I have experienced the faulty map does NOT have to be the map that is currently loading at the time to cause the error. It appears the error is randomly generated by the server just by having a problem map loaded on the server.

Maybe we should put our maplists together and we can do a community "weed" job and identify those maps that are proven to caused issues.
        Maybe the maps/maplists are not the issue, maybe the game/server is just causing this error randomly. There doesn't seem to be any definite reason as to why this error happens. It isn't just maps that this error occurs with so I am thinking maybe there is an error with the game itself.

Comment

Hmm - we are using lots of custom maps:

WAR-ArticStronghold
          WAR-DAWN-Revisited_Beta2
          WAR-TIN_Omen
          WAR-ChainIsle_Revisited
          WAR-Snakebite
          WAR-Primeval_SE-Beta4
          WAR-Sandria-b11
          WAR-Vapula

server ip is: 8.12.22.100

Comment

What I am wondering about is if mutators and/or gametypes also somehow influence this bug. E.g. with BattleRPG I noticed some WAR maps gave "required package not found download was already attempted" errors with A_Weapon_Redeemer. My reasoning was that BattleRPG uses a modified redeemer (I used Redeemer logic for the Kamikaze artifact) and the map did not have a redeemer so that this might somehow trigger the problem. To be on the safe side I removed the Kamikaze artifact and with it all references to the Redeemer, but I never figured out if it helps or not.

Also I wondered if some hidden location on the map having all weapons and all vehicles could solve the problem. It would be an ugly solution but since Epic cannot reproduce (and therefore solve) the problem it might be the only way.

Also we need some sort of quality stamps for maps to determine which custom maps work fine and which do not, so server admin's know what they can safely use.

Comment

We did tonight also a test if there is a difference if the map is installed in CustomMaps or its downloaded from server. And we found out if the maps are installed in CustomMaps Folder by the clients all is running fine, the problem only exist if the map what is played is in the cache folder. For a temp solution to the players out there, use a cache extractor and extract your maps to the CustomMap Folder!

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                We did tonight also a test if there is a difference if the map is installed in CustomMaps or its downloaded from server. And we found out if the maps are installed in CustomMaps Folder by the clients all is running fine, the problem only exist if the map what is played is in the cache folder. For a temp solution to the players out there, use a cache extractor and extract your maps to the CustomMap Folder!
                This could be correct. Our server (Madhouse - in CTF) has had numerous people complain about this issue on a range of maps from stock to custom. I, myself, have never had the issue, but ALL of my maps were manually downloaded and put into the custommaps folder (no maps downloaded off server and cached). Hopefully, this will work as a workaround until Epic can get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by XPCX View Post
                  Hopefully, this will work as a workaround until Epic can get it fixed.
                  Not really, it still means that you cannot add those maps to a server without scaring away a lot of potential players. But perhaps it will help Epic to track down what the problem is and solve this. Does someone here have a way of making Epic aware of this?

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                    That doesn't explain why it happens with stock maps, stock maps aren't in the cache.

Comment

it only happens on stock maps if the server in question also has custom maps on it, all I can assume is that if the server has custom maps on it that it calls an addtional function on map change.

Comment

Originally posted by sWs»Fish View Post
                        all I can assume is that if the server has custom maps on it that it calls an addtional function on map change.

That is not what the error message says, the error message says "package not found download was already attempted". This should not happen with stock maps even if custom maps are installed since all packages needed by the stock maps come with the game. It sounds more like the games method of checking or keeping track of what packages are indeed installed or in cache is flawed.

Comment

First of all Epic is aware that if you have all maps loaded clientside it makes a difference.

Secondly, a pure stock server with no custom content has never been reported to have this error. Only after adding the custom maps will this occur, and yes it can cause the error to be displayed upon entering a stock map. The error could be due to another map having been cooked with client patch version prior to 1.0, or it's also been said that merely having the PS3 mod kit INSTALLED on the client that cooks the map for pc can cause errors as well. This is supposed to be addressed in the next patch, until then any maps for pc should be cooked with the PS3 mod kit UNINSTALLED and the client updated to patch 1.2.

This is an active subject that is being investigated by Epic and select server admin as we speak. This error is very hard to pin down because it appears to be triggered randomly and little or no error logging occurs at the time of the errors.

Comment

Originally posted by [MOB]MadDog View Post
                            Been having the problem with stock maps on our warfare server! Since the release of the 1.2 patch. Multiple people are reporting this error (Cicade load error or other vehicles). Just last night 3 people couldn't load the map downtown after the map vote - that is a stock map!

Someone please get to the bottom of this!
                            This happens on the PHX server as soon as they vote for Chain of Isles. Then every map after that same thing cannot find A_Vehicle_Cicada, download already attempted. I think it clears up eventually, maybe by restarting the server. Been 2 days now cannot join that one. Lately, I have not been seeing the MOB server except with WAR-Valhala or something with only 2 players on it. Did not even try joining that one.

Comment

This bug needs to be fixed immediately, custom servers are empty because of it, and default map servers are thinning out due to boredom.

Comment

Error from map WAR-MinusTankMeUp-Snarf on Linux Server

I can play this map, WAR-MinusTankMeUp-Snarf, instant action with bots no problem. No errors that I see. Now, I place it on my server and then connect to play/test is and I get this after it loads fine. I get the cannot find package, bla bla, download already attempted.

NetComeGo: Open TheWorld xxxxxxxxx
                                Log: Client netspeed is 10000
                                Log: ERROR: Server failed to find a package file that it reported was in its PackageMap [MT_SatelliteOrb]
                                NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection_xxxxxxxxxxx

I have cleared my game box cache completely yesterday, deleted all files. Server plays other maps fine, WAR-Alien_Sands, WAR-Sentinels, and WAR-Snakebite. Is this a MAP issue? A MAP problem or a SERVER problem? I know the map WAR-MinusTankMeUp-Snarf crashes the MOB server. Maybe this is a MAP problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X