Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

"package not found download was already attempted" errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haslo you know we did the tests with your map VCTF-Harbour and i post the results to the Admin list, i think they dont care about, because i didn´t get any responce from Epic.

Comment

I can only speak for my servers, but I think a big part of the problem is I see no errors in my server logs that reflect the server even sees this as an issue.

I have tons of the "normal"(?) error codes in the log, but everytime I see this error i jump to the log and it says nothing regarding it. That makes me think at least at this time the server doesn't recognize the problem, and until it does there is nothing we can do except speculate.

I have had success in removing certain maps to cure the errors, so we know it's somehow related to the content we are adding to the servers and possibly related to the cooking process of that file.

Comment

From the various threads I have read the error seems to be (specifically on the biorifle issue A_Weapon_BioRifle error) where a weapon is not used in the map. i wonder if adding the biorifle to the map would fix that one error (A_Weapon_BioRifle package not found)?

Comment

I have read on certain maps that the author only included say the shock rifle, that hiding a bio rifle in the map somewhere fixed the issue. However I think that this must be an issue with the game itself and that you should be able to create a map with whatever weapons you want.

Hopefully patch 3 will give us some relief in this matter... (hopefully).

Comment

Ditto on file error

I have been experiencing the anomoly for quite some time now. I believe at one point it might have been suggested that it was an error in the cooking process but not sure if thats still relevant after v.1.2.
            It seems that some players can connect while others cannot.

Error image:
            http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...sshot-24-1.jpg

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...1#post25324017

Comment

I received some information from another admin, he stated that this can occur if a pc map is cooked with the PS3 mod installed at the time. The cure is to recook the map with the PS3 mod removed.

So I suppose it's still a matter of weeding out the problem maps or face the errors. There are so many maps already out there that trigger this I can't imagine then all being recooked, and how the heck could you tell which version you had anyway?

I know it's a big thorn in the side of server admin trying to run custom content. Hopefully the cause will be addressed in the next patch.

Comment

I have cooked many of maps and all with the PS3 mod removed and I had no change in luck personally. I also tried using uncooked maps as was suggested by another person and this did not help remedy the situation either, at least from my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
                  I have read on certain maps that the author only included say the shock rifle, that hiding a bio rifle in the map somewhere fixed the issue.
                  Hm, not really clean, but if it works, it works. Does anyone know which WAR maps have a Bio rifle (either hidden or not) and which are known not to have "package not found" errors? Perhaps we should share which maps do not have this problem in some way, so we can at least add those to our servers. Only using stock maps gets boring after a while.

Did anyone receive any signals from Epic in any way that they are aware of this problem and will fix it?

Comment

It happens after re-cooking the map.( v1.2)
                    It happens after adding the bio- rifle to the map.

Clients are being forced to download packages that they already
                    have on their computer.

I even uploaded some of this packages to the redirect.... just to
                    make the download faster.......

Is a random problems related to custom maps only...game still broke.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
                      Did anyone receive any signals from Epic in any way that they are aware of this problem and will fix it?

They are aware of it, however last word was they couldn't replicate the issue.

Comment

Why don't they try joining a pub?

It happens to me every now and again, just wanted to add my +1.

Comment

Originally posted by SayUNKLE View Post
                          They are aware of it, however last word was they couldn't replicate the issue.

I don't know about you other server admin, but I see nothing related to this error in any of my server logs. That makes it pretty hard to nail down.

Comment

This happened to my server today after adding the following maps:

> VCTF-AltasCity
                            > VCTF-Avalanche-v2
                            > VCTF-Harbour
                            > VCTF-Megastructure
                            > VCTF-Slax][
                            > VCTF-Satellite-V2
                            > VCTF-Suspense-Necris
                            > vCTF-Timberland
                            > VCTF-UnderGroundAcidTrip

some folks say they cannot join, but I was able to as well as a few others... very odd. This is going to kill this game unless it's fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by CVROY View Post

> VCTF-AltasCity
                              > VCTF-Avalanche-v2
                              > VCTF-Harbour
                              > VCTF-Megastructure
                              > VCTF-Slax][
                              > VCTF-Satellite-V2
                              > VCTF-Suspense-Necris
                              > vCTF-Timberland

some folks say they cannot join, but I was able to as well as a few others... very odd. This is going to kill this game unless it's fixed.
                              How i allready wrote a lot of time. When a player is on the server and the server switch to one of these maps all is fine, but when they leave, they can´t connect anymore. Maybe it helps when the players install the maps and not dl from server. A Player told me that he did that and since this time all is fine. Anyway, this is not a solution for us admins, so i need to remove all custom vctf maps from server. Better peoples can join the standard maps before they are angry and never come back. But i am tired now to play every time the same maps like a lot of other players too. I really don´t understand Epic, they never wrote a answer about my report at admin list and this stuff is so a big bug! This makes Servers empty...come on wake up!

Comment

Originally posted by CVROY View Post

> VCTF-AltasCity
                                > VCTF-Avalanche-v2
                                > VCTF-Harbour
                                > VCTF-Megastructure
                                > VCTF-Slax][
                                > VCTF-Satellite-V2
                                > VCTF-Suspense-Necris
                                > vCTF-Timberland

CV, I had to remove Timberland due to the "biorifle" error, start by removing that map and see how it goes. A word of advice is to add one map at a time and let players join, if anyone has any issues the last map is your culprit. I know this sucks, but it's better than adding 3 or 4 at a time and having no clue which map is faulty...

On a positive note, VCTF-Slax][,VCTF-Suspense-Necris and VCTF-AltasCity I have had no issues with. It appears that the earlier maps are the most troublesome, at least in my experience. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X