Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

"package not found download was already attempted" errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a way to test if a map will give errors bio rifle etc...What I do is install the map on my server and d/l area then connect to my server and d/l map. Once the game starts on said map I disconnect then reconnect. If the map has any issues 9 out of 10 it will not allow me to connect and will give the error. Yes it is that easy to test for errors on custom maps.

The sad part is I had to pull maps I love off my server so now I am on a hunt for more Arena/one room maps.

Comment

Been having the same problems with my DM server since putting patch 1.2 on it.

Comment

Been having the problem with stock maps on our warfare server! Since the release of the 1.2 patch. Multiple people are reporting this error (Cicade load error or other vehicles). Just last night 3 people couldn't load the map downtown after the map vote - that is a stock map!

Someone please get to the bottom of this!

Comment

We still have the same error also Please give us some information to fix the error.
          Thank you

Comment

I did a post in the admin mail list... but no infos yet.

Comment

What I did to fix it is if the map gives the error it is pulled from my server map rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by PHCRadio View Post
                What I did to fix it is if the map gives the error it is pulled from my server map rotation.
                Not really a fix, just a workaround.

Comment

True but it is a fix for my server

Comment

I seem to be one of the lucky ones, since the day ut3 was launched I have never experienced this error 1st hand. My custom map I made has never done it, I was expecting the bio rifle error to show up at some point as the shock rifle is the only weapon I used, but no, works fine. The custom maps on my server, made by various authors, have never done it to me, and I have never seen a stock map do it either, very strange, hope I haven't cursed myself by telling you all this, lol.

Comment

Wow I'm glad I found this thread.

I've been having the same issue with some custom maps and I thought maybe I was having a problem with our redirect. My solution so far has been the same as the rest of you, pull the map. Since the problem is intermittent, I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix it.

To make matters worse, we have one server in the US and one in England and both use our redirect in the US. Most of the time players get really fast downloads of maps and mods and other times it's painfully slow. It's so slow that it appears the dl's are coming off the servers (I've disallowed dl's from both servers so they all come from the redirect). I thought it was all the same problem but now I know I've got to two seperate issues.
                      I guess thats progress, LOL !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-{OVGY} View Post
                        I seem to be one of the lucky ones, since the day ut3 was launched I have never experienced this error 1st hand. My custom map I made has never done it, I was expecting the bio rifle error to show up at some point as the shock rifle is the only weapon I used, but no, works fine. The custom maps on my server, made by various authors, have never done it to me, and I have never seen a stock map do it either, very strange, hope I haven't cursed myself by telling you all this, lol.
                        To fully test your map try this... Once the map is on the server and the game started disconnect from the server and then reconnect. If the map is good to go you will get back on the server. If your map is a one room map pass it to me please lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lager View Post
                          Wow I'm glad I found this thread.

I've been having the same issue with some custom maps and I thought maybe I was having a problem with our redirect. My solution so far has been the same as the rest of you, pull the map. Since the problem is intermittent, I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix it.

To make matters worse, we have one server in the US and one in England and both use our redirect in the US. Most of the time players get really fast downloads of maps and mods and other times it's painfully slow. It's so slow that it appears the dl's are coming off the servers (I've disallowed dl's from both servers so they all come from the redirect). I thought it was all the same problem but now I know I've got to two seperate issues.
                          I guess thats progress, LOL !!!!
                          The ut3 server in England will get slower speeds from redirect due to the distance from the redirect in the US.

@ PHCRadio, here's a link to my map, DM-{OVGY}-WeedShock-UT3, I've never had a problem with it so far. It's a single room with only shock rifles, so being skilled with shock combo's is essential. Hope you enjoy, if you have ut2004 servers I also have the same map for them too. This was a port I did from the original WeedShock map for 2004.

Download WeedShock

Comment

So no resolution? Lots of people have this problem as do I and lots of people trying to connect to my server. Is it going to be looked at by Epic??

Comment

I get this with .u files, can you cook those? posted on it here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=606737

Maybe this affects all files and not just .ut3 or .upk files but .u as well... I would think anything .uz3 may be at risk.

I think there is still a buggy redirect, although better than 1.1, 1.2 still needs some TLC in that area.

Comment

It happens even after recooking. VCTF-Harbour was mentioned in this thread - I only did the finishing touches after patching and cooked the final version with patch 1.2 already installed. To really verify this I actually recooked it later, when the first reports of this bug came in, and the problem popped up again.

Kinda makes sense too, recooking a map with 1.2 that was cooked with 1.2 in the first place won't magically resolve anything.

The fun thing is that the bug seems to happen with packages the maps don't even use - for my map it seems to have been the SPMA and Bio Rifle packages (verified, could be more) so far, and I haven't used any textures or materials from them, and neither the SPMA nor the Bio Rifle are in the map.

So, again, recooking with 1.2 won't help.

Are there any news from the server admin mailing list meanwhile?

Comment

Working...
                                X