Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

"package not found download was already attempted" errors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"package not found download was already attempted" errors

When a UT3 server is running custom maps (e.g. WAR-Dune or WAR-ArcticStronghold) sometimes clients get "required package not found download was already attempted" errors. The package can be a weapon (e.g. A_Weapon_Redeemer or A_Weapon_BioRifle) or a vehicle (e.g. A_Vehichle_Goliath). The error does not always appear, sometimes trying to connect again helps, sometimes it does not, so I have not been able to figure out what triggers this.

Is this a known problem? Is there perhaps some way to work around it?

It occurred with 1.1 and it also occurs with 1.2 (on both the server and the client).

I emailed this same issue on the admin mailing list...

the reply i received was that maps need to be recooked with patch 1.1 or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by {hLk}Havok View Post
      I emailed this same issue on the admin mailing list...

the reply i received was that maps need to be recooked with patch 1.1 or higher.
      Great, just tell me that clients also need to download all the recooked maps again...

Comment

Originally posted by {hLk}Havok View Post
        Thank you for the answer. Is this something I can do myself or can only the original author do this?

Comment

And an additional question, how can you check if a map is properly cooked for UT3 1.2?

Comment

I get the Distinct impression that some thing more then that is going on. as its happening with Default maps as well.

Comment

Yeah my server is doing the same thing, and I really dont want to go messing with other peoples map.

Comment

it's weird...it happens with the original maps too but after a while it seems to fix itself.

Comment

I receive this error message a lot on our server. Sometimes the maps will play fine, An hour later the same maps will show the package error Please help Thank you

Comment

Same here, this time with A_Vehicle_SPMA, but it´s everytime different, we need a solution. Sometimes you can play on this map, you leave and join the server again and this message comes. It makes no sence. If a map need recooked, than you will get the message everytime on the same map and not sometimes. Someone knows already a fix for it?

Comment

I know on one of my servers I noticed that when I had a corrupt map installed it would set the error on most any map at random intervals. I started installing one map at a time until the error was reported, then remove the last map installed to fix the issue.

I also read somewhere that the "A_Weapon_Biorifle" error could be due to the wrong biorifle ammo being used in the map. I think they said that there were two choices and if the wrong one was used it would cause the error.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
                        I know on one of my servers I noticed that when I had a corrupt map installed it would set the error on most any map at random intervals. I started installing one map at a time until the error was reported, then remove the last map installed to fix the issue.

I also read somewhere that the "A_Weapon_Biorifle" error could be due to the wrong biorifle ammo being used in the map. I think they said that there were two choices and if the wrong one was used it would cause the error.
                        When you allready found out which maps are bad, can you please post this maps here and i will make the same tests. I will aktivate every 2 days a new one, to find out which one makes the problem.
                        Anyway, how could it be that it sometimes work and sometimes not?

Comment

I put all my usermaps away and only 1 (VCTF-Harbour) was on my server and the peoples reportet to me that they can´t join because " "package not found download was already attempted". Also there was no sound when someone got the flag or captured one. Once this map was played you didn´t hear the sounds also not on standardmaps. So i put really all usermaps down from server, but this can´t be, we need a solution. Need now all usermaps recooked with V1.2?

Comment

It seems like the vCTF gametype is especially tempermental with this error, I had a lot of trouble when I ran that gametype. The server has since been changed over to Invasion and I have far less problems.

We also have a DM server that we can throw any **** map out there in and it just works, so it does appear to have some connection with the gametype as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HTM~Minion View Post
                              It seems like the vCTF gametype is especially tempermental with this error, I had a lot of trouble when I ran that gametype. The server has since been changed over to Invasion and I have far less problems.

We also have a DM server that we can throw any **** map out there in and it just works, so it does appear to have some connection with the gametype as well.
                              I Face the same problem with VCTF Only

Comment

Working...
                              X