Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Creating a web admin server

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Jjunior130 View Post
    hey, i want to know how to put additional admins with their own passwords. I want to know in wat format do i put it in like

    [WebAdmin.BasicWebAdminAuth]
    RequireUsername:<Admin1>
    RequireUsername:<Admin2> ??
    OR
    [WebAdmin.BasicWebAdminAuth]
    RequireUsername:<Admin1>, <Admin2> (with the comma, tell me if its comma + space or just the comma)

    and how to put the password in the UTGame.ini file like

    [Engine.AccessControl]
    Adminpassword=<password1>
    Adminpassword=<password2>
    OR
    Adminpassword=<password1>, <password2> (with the comma, tell me if its comma + space or just the comma)

    Thx
    I would also be very interested in how to do this...Used to have several admins in UT2004 and would like to do the same again.

    Thanks!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by HorizonX View Post
      I'm w/ gameservers.com and I got webadmin working after using port 9009 & setting bhttpauth to true
      Changing the port to 9009 worked for me. Couldn't get it to work with default 80 port.

      I"m with Gameservers as well.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by LeaderX View Post
        Changing the port to 9009 worked for me. Couldn't get it to work with default 80 port.

        I"m with Gameservers as well.
        Can you post your exact UTWeb.ini file for me? I'm with gameservers as well and can't get past editing the UTweb.ini file even If I change the port to 9009. The other webfile is never created...

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Visceral View Post
          Can you post your exact UTWeb.ini file for me? I'm with gameservers as well and can't get past editing the UTweb.ini file even If I change the port to 9009. The other webfile is never created...
          EDIT: NM, did a re-install of the server to day and this time around everything worked!

          Comment


          • #80
            How do you start the server? lol

            Comment


            • #81
              Finally got it working and thought I'd summarize the process real quick. I do have one small potential issue which I'll save for the end of the post.

              1. Installed dedicated server
              2. Applied patch 4 (v2.0)

              Still couldn't get it to create the UTWeb.ini.

              3. Added -nohomedir to command line, seemed to fix everything
              4. Adjusted port number and other settings in the UTWeb.ini
              5. Added AdminPassword=mypassword and GamePassword=test, ex:
              [Engine.AccessControl]
              IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
              AdminPassword=mypassword
              GamePassword=test
              6. Opened the required ports in Windows Firewall and Router's NAT/Firewall

              Here's the command line I use to start the dedicated server:

              "C:\Program Files\UT3Server\Binaries\UT3.exe" server DM-Heatray?timelimit=20?goalscore=50?botskill=4?Admin password=mypassword -login=fakelogin -password=fakepassword -nohomedir

              Now back to the one issue that remains. Running Windows Server 2003 R2 with the standard Windows Firewall and the router's NAT/Firewall and UT3 server version 2.0 build 3797 with WebAdmin 1.12. At the very end of the server window:

              Log: Performing DNS lookup for stun.xten.com
              Log: FSTUNClient resolved stun.xten.com <75.101.138.128>
              Log: FSTUNClient starting test 1...
              Log: FSTUNClient starting test 2...
              Log: FSTUNClient test timeout, NAT is strict.
              ScriptLog: Attempting to re-register the game with the online service

              Is this normal? If not, will it dramatically affect the operation of the server and how would we fix this? Hope this helps someone and thanks for any help you may provide.

              Comment


              • #82
                hi i know this is an old thread. but i have a linux dedicated server and cannot get webadmin running.. i have read through everything here and nothing helps..wondering if there is a reason or a fix?

                thank you .

                EDITED.. Also where do you find the version?

                Comment


                • #83
                  I'm wondering if webadmin can be used with a listen server setup...or even a retail game dedicated server...

                  After trying webadmin for dedicated retail server...my friends cant connect on my listen server anymore...
                  They end up connecting,, and getting ctf game sounds in the back ground..no weaps in opponents hands..and they cant actually play...all on a DM server.

                  Using patch 2.1 beta3 and webadmin 1.13 for patch 2.1.
                  I erased my entire documents/MyGames folder and erased the webadmin files in UT3 install directory...yet the problem remains with the rebuilt listen server .

                  I have ports 6500,7777,8767,9989 and 13000 open as per my Currports open connections diagnostic on an endpoint independant router ( full cone ).

                  Does Webadmin alter any settings in the install directory?
                  That is the only remaining section that i didnt alter other than to remove the files planted there for webadmin.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    hey just wanted to say that u need to have "-unattended" (without the qoutes) at the end of the commandline after -nohomedir, im guessing all servers must be runned this way

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I am having issues with my Admin Server also. I can login and all that just fine. But on the left side of the screen in the red "drip" area where there should be links/things to go to, I have nothing. Any thoughts?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        WebAdmins

                        Originally posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
                        I would also be very interested in how to do this...Used to have several admins in UT2004 and would like to do the same again.

                        Thanks!
                        I am very interesting about this, too. With UT2004 you could set different rights to co-admins. Similar like this is less we want to UT3, too.

                        Or is there any mutator then if not coming support for this?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Elmurte, i dont know if you will ever release another version ..but if you do could you add..a chat text filter. or mute player who is spamming text? Or mute a particular player when ever they login?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I have been reading all over the forums to try and find a solution to the UT3WebAdmin Issues.
                            I also have done all the settings and configurations for the UT3WebAmin to work. (Nothing has WORKED)!!

                            What I have noticed is the engine version of mine is 3809 and yes it is all patched up.
                            The UT3 WebAdmin version 1.17 is for engine 3805 could this be and issue with UT3WebAdmin?
                            I have the ports open for Hosting a Server and its working ok no problem there.
                            When trying to launch the UT3WebServer with http://serveripport and hit enter I get this
                            http://serveripport/ServerAdmin in either IE or Firefox I get a blank page. (No Error Messages or Nothing
                            just blank page.

                            The launch.log shows it is binding the port and Web was created and is Enabled.
                            I have tried ports 9000-9050 for UT3WebAdmin -- None Work?

                            ok question? Where Does the UT3WebAdmin files go
                            c:\programfiles\unrealtournament3\web < goes in this dir?
                            and not to the user\mygames\unrealtournament3

                            maybe this needs to be more clear for the proper
                            locations of the UT3WebAdmin files.

                            also a more precise setup outlined step by step what files
                            go where and what .ini files to edit and where.

                            Hopefully elmuerte is working on a new patch for the UT3WebAdmin that
                            will work for Engines 3809. and a much needed guide for
                            setting up the UT3WebAdmin what to add, disable or edit
                            as for as the .ini files go. And where all files should b placed.

                            I am still trying to get mine up and running daunting task.
                            about to give up but would like to have a fix r solution to this
                            issue.

                            Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

                            thanks in advance for anyone out there that has theres working
                            and maybe they could post there steps they took to get it
                            to work. And what exact areas of the .ini files edited and
                            what sections they edited and which files and what locations of
                            the files used.

                            thanks again
                            speedy69x2

                            still looking for a solution and answer. I will post here if I figure mine out.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by speedy69x2 View Post
                              I have been reading all over the forums to try and find a solution to the UT3WebAdmin Issues.
                              I also have done all the settings and configurations for the UT3WebAmin to work. (Nothing has WORKED)!!

                              What I have noticed is the engine version of mine is 3809 and yes it is all patched up.
                              The UT3 WebAdmin version 1.17 is for engine 3805 could this be and issue with UT3WebAdmin?
                              I have the ports open for Hosting a Server and its working ok no problem there.
                              When trying to launch the UT3WebServer with http://serveripport and hit enter I get this
                              http://serveripport/ServerAdmin in either IE or Firefox I get a blank page. (No Error Messages or Nothing
                              just blank page.

                              The launch.log shows it is binding the port and Web was created and is Enabled.
                              I have tried ports 9000-9050 for UT3WebAdmin -- None Work?

                              ok question? Where Does the UT3WebAdmin files go
                              c:\programfiles\unrealtournament3\web < goes in this dir?
                              and not to the user\mygames\unrealtournament3

                              maybe this needs to be more clear for the proper
                              locations of the UT3WebAdmin files.

                              also a more precise setup outlined step by step what files
                              go where and what .ini files to edit and where.

                              Hopefully elmuerte is working on a new patch for the UT3WebAdmin that
                              will work for Engines 3809. and a much needed guide for
                              setting up the UT3WebAdmin what to add, disable or edit
                              as for as the .ini files go. And where all files should b placed.

                              I am still trying to get mine up and running daunting task.
                              about to give up but would like to have a fix r solution to this
                              issue.

                              Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

                              thanks in advance for anyone out there that has theres working
                              and maybe they could post there steps they took to get it
                              to work. And what exact areas of the .ini files edited and
                              what sections they edited and which files and what locations of
                              the files used.

                              thanks again
                              speedy69x2

                              still looking for a solution and answer. I will post here if I figure mine out.
                              Are you using the -nohomedir directive in your command line? If you have that in there, the game will look in the program files folder and not in my documents. You should be doing this for a server install. The .u's go into the root of the CookedPC folder and the .ini goes into the Config folder.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X