Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Creating a web admin server

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    "ScriptLog: Cut down URL" is not a error what so ever, it's just a some debug output Epic left in the game. Just ignore it, it's not very useful.

    What is the exact problem you had with firefox 3 beta 5?
    The bug I fixed with regards to firefox 3 was that the data it send to the webserver through AJAX was different than the webserver expected. Which sort of prevented all ajax functionality to work.

    Anyway, you shouldn't use long launch urls anyway because it obstructs various configurable options within the webadmin. There is a reason they invented configuration files

    Comment


      #62
      Thanks for scanning this thread, and thanks for your reply.

      Originally posted by elmuerte View Post
      "ScriptLog: Cut down URL" is not a error what so ever, it's just a some debug output Epic left in the game. Just ignore it, it's not very useful.

      What is the exact problem you had with firefox 3 beta 5?
      The bug I fixed with regards to firefox 3 was that the data it send to the webserver through AJAX was different than the webserver expected. Which sort of prevented all ajax functionality to work.

      Anyway, you shouldn't use long launch urls anyway because it obstructs various configurable options within the webadmin. There is a reason they invented configuration files
      It's weird, but as soon as I updated the WebAdmin to V1.1, it appeared that the "Change Map" functionality "died", but had been working all along with FF Beta 5 with the previous WebAdmin feature.

      I will try my best to describe it, but from my perspective, when I press Change Game, it appeared like the WebAdmin server would create a new commandline and pass that on to UT3.exe, and then display a message that said.. "This could take a few minutes..." and then return to the "Current Game" page.

      However, as soon as I updated to V1.1 of Webadmin, that button no longer did anything, it wouldn't display any messages or change the map (or gametype). Now, I don't recall when that FF3B5 update was released, so I can't tell you for certain which came first, your Webadmin update, or FF3B5.

      I unfortunately only get a UT3 night 1 time per week these days, so I can only kick the tires and play with the server, maps downloads, and webadmin once a week as well. (sorry, obvious ranting!)

      What I did instead is un-install FF3B5 and install FF2.0.15 and then went in and logged into WebAdmin.

      That is when I discovered a bigger issue, it might have not been FF3 at all. It was my batch files. As soon as I removed tons of redundant settings, it appeared to change maps no sweat at all. I can only appreciate that from a developer perspective all my simultaneous changes would be a pain to try and diagnose/reverse engineer. However, it does appear that a very very long command line = issues in general, and WebAdmin V1.1 doesn't like them vs. WebAdmin 0.8, and/or UT3 doesn't like them now.

      If you need anything at all from my system, let me know, I can provide logs.

      One thing I tested and quickly reversed was using HTTP authentication, I think that justs adds another layer.

      One other TINY feature request, could you please add a "Add ALL MAPS" button to the Maplist management page. I was having issues with mapslist (100 DM alone) and manually sorted through. If you could add a "diff" view or just highlight the ones that are on both panes in a different colour, that would be SOOO sweet.

      Thanks for your reply!. I can try and help others having issues with Webadmin where possible, I honestly have had no issues getting it working since your first public release.

      Cheers and thanks.

      Lexx000

      Comment


        #63
        This is to make your own server? SEems alot of trouble. I was going to make one soley for custom warfare maps.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Lexx000 View Post
          It's weird, but as soon as I updated the WebAdmin to V1.1, it appeared that the "Change Map" functionality "died", but had been working all along with FF Beta 5 with the previous WebAdmin feature.
          I just tested it with FF3 beta 5 and everything is still working for me

          Comment


            #65
            I dont know where to set the password, everything is fine except that.

            Comment


              #66
              sorry for the delay in replying..

              Originally posted by elmuerte View Post
              I just tested it with FF3 beta 5 and everything is still working for me
              Ya, I honestly don't know what happened with my config here, but I am very happy to say that everything is working perfectly now.

              The only other thing I can possibly think is that when I installed FF3 Beta 5 that I just overwrote the existing installation (somehow), because when I tried un-installing the Beta, I still had two entries in my add/remove for FF, but only 1 actually worked.

              Something was obviously muffed up, but it cleared itself up once I installed FF2 fresh again.

              Lexx000

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Dii_Phantom View Post
                I dont know where to set the password, everything is fine except that.
                You want to set the password for the webserver?

                This should be the same password as you state in your command-line (if you are using one) for the admin login. I have never tried accessing the webserver without having the admin password defined as per below.

                I moved my gamepassword and adminpassword into utgame.ini as follows:

                [Engine.AccessControl]
                IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
                AdminPassword=xxxxxx
                GamePassword=xxxxxx

                AdminPassword is what i use to login to the webserver as well, and if I want to perform
                any administration via the console, I require this password as well.

                Hope this helps!.

                Cheers,

                Lexx0000

                Comment


                  #68
                  I got it to work, but i wont post anymore, im gonna figure this out from wahtever else is in here, and compile one main post, ty and yes i got it to work el muerte gave me that last info about to put the password there where u just told me to, ty too

                  Comment


                    #69
                    anytime dude.. glad to be of help..

                    Originally posted by Dii_Phantom View Post
                    I got it to work, but i wont post anymore, im gonna figure this out from wahtever else is in here, and compile one main post, ty and yes i got it to work el muerte gave me that last info about to put the password there where u just told me to, ty too
                    You're welcome dude, it is via this community and these forums that I have learned a ton about how to get the UT3 product working from the dedicated server and the client perspective.

                    Glad to be of help, guys like El Muerte deserve extra credit for making the webadmin for UT3, I was completely impressed that someone would take that and own it and it works so well.

                    Now that I read about the maplist limitations on the size of the entries, I should be able to create my maplists for my game nights. Just keep that in mind in case you get overzealous like I did and have over 100 maps.

                    Cheers,

                    Lexx000

                    Comment


                      #70
                      i cant get this to work for me, im running linux server.

                      I get the first stage ok but the 2nd file UTwebadmin is never created, in console i get this after restart which might be linked


                      ScriptLog: Destroying WebServer
                      ScriptLog: Unable to bind webserver to a port
                      Log: BindPort: bind failed
                      gethostbyname failed ()
                      Log: gethostbyname failed ()

                      Comment


                        #71
                        What port are you trying to assign to the game? You might already have something using the default port of 80. IIS or some other web server maybe?

                        Comment


                          #72
                          hey, i want to know how to put additional admins with their own passwords. I want to know in wat format do i put it in like

                          [WebAdmin.BasicWebAdminAuth]
                          RequireUsername:<Admin1>
                          RequireUsername:<Admin2> ??
                          OR
                          [WebAdmin.BasicWebAdminAuth]
                          RequireUsername:<Admin1>, <Admin2> (with the comma, tell me if its comma + space or just the comma)

                          and how to put the password in the UTGame.ini file like

                          [Engine.AccessControl]
                          Adminpassword=<password1>
                          Adminpassword=<password2>
                          OR
                          Adminpassword=<password1>, <password2> (with the comma, tell me if its comma + space or just the comma)

                          Thx

                          Comment


                            #73
                            I installed it on the server but there is no UTWeb.ini, only a DefaultWeb.ini

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by Lexx000 View Post
                              I moved my gamepassword and adminpassword into utgame.ini as follows:

                              [Engine.AccessControl]
                              IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
                              AdminPassword=xxxxxx
                              GamePassword=xxxxxx

                              AdminPassword is what i use to login to the webserver as well, and if I want to perform
                              any administration via the console, I require this password as well.
                              Is that the UTGame.ini file in documents and settings or the install folder? I don't have UTGame.ini in my install folder but I do have one in "my games" under vista. I don't have the [Engine.AccessControl] section in that file though. I just wanted to make sure it would go in the right place.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Hi - another new forum member, and still having the same troubles as some others:

                                Steps I've taken:
                                • Install UT3 dedicated Server
                                • Patch to 1.3
                                • Copy WebAdmin-2008-12-05 contents to c:\documents and settings\<user>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3
                                • start server using command line
                                • UTWeb.ini gets auto created, I go in and assign a port number, and bEnabled=True
                                • Run server again - UTWebAdmin.ini is not created. Nothing is being served at the URL: HTTP://localhost:<port no>/ServerAdmin


                                My server log indicates (quite late towards the end):
                                Log: GConfig::LoadFile has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTWeb.ini

                                There's no further reference to "Web", nor the port number nor IP address of my server.

                                I've shut down IIS, and also tried ports other than 80 and 8080 and still no luck.

                                Please help!

                                Clumsy...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X