Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Creating a web admin server

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elmuerte View Post
    do you start the server with -nohomedir? if not, then you have to edit ~/.ut3/UTGame/Config/UTWeb.ini (iirc).
    Its work

Big thx..

Comment

Hey guys

Im trying desperately to run this webserver

but

i keep getting knocked back at the Login. 'Invalid credentials'

I've done everything explained in this thread so far with no avail.

Would appreciate some help

Cheers

Comment

Hello,

I've now been playing with this (Web Admin) for 2 hours solid and have gotten no where

I have installed patch 1.2 and extracted the web admin pack (1.1) over the install folder fine.

I'm using the command line:

Code:
        ut3.exe server DM-Heatray?numplay=8?maxplayers=8?timelimit=20?goalscore=40?botskill=3?ServerName=XXX?AdminPassword=XXX -login=XXX -password=XXX
        The main problem (I believe):

Originally posted by Crzyhomer View Post
        1. Install the latest patch (v1.2).
        4. Start your server. This will create a new file in your
        /UTGame/Config/ folder: - UTWeb.ini
        This file just is NOT being created in \<install folder>\UTGame\Config

Whats going wrong guys? :tears hair out:

Comment

Then simply create the file UTWeb.ini and copy the content of DefaultWeb.ini to it

Comment

Do you mean DefaultWebAdmin.ini? My install rar didn't have a DefaultWeb.ini in it...

Thankyou

Comment

hey guys i have web admin set up. and files in and changed.. and i type in the http://myserverip:13000 it takes me to user and pass on the web admin but it ant taken any of my pass words or usernames i have tried a bunch i have it set in my command line the admin password and in the utgame ini how do i apply the user and pass to get into the web admin?? many thanks

[F'R]moneyshot
              Fraggin Roos!!

Comment

Hi, i'm able to get all the files needed as stated in the very first post but the scriptlog that suppose to be created doesnt show....any ideas??

Comment

Hi,

Did you guys have a DefaultWeb.ini in your installer? I have a DefaultWebAdmin.ini but not the other. I have a feeling this is partly why I can't get web admin to work...

Comment

Originally posted by [F'R]moneyshot View Post
                    hey guys i have web admin set up. and files in and changed.. and i type in the http://myserverip:13000 it takes me to user and pass on the web admin but it ant taken any of my pass words or usernames i have tried a bunch i have it set in my command line the admin password and in the utgame ini how do i apply the user and pass to get into the web admin?? many thanks
                    what are your settings?
                    if you enabled http auth (which I never adviced to do), then try it with the normal login form (i.e. set bHttpAuth back to false).

Originally posted by CaineR View Post
                    Did you guys have a DefaultWeb.ini in your installer? I have a DefaultWebAdmin.ini but not the other. I have a feeling this is partly why I can't get web admin to work...
                    DefaultWeb.ini is included with patch 1.2

Comment

Got it. I don't think the 1.2 patch installed properly last time. I've now managed to install the patch and now everything works

Thanks!

Comment

Help, only asking after trying and testing a ton of things.

Greets elmuerte,

I can appreciate that you probably read a TON of posts regarding your excellent WebAdmin tool.

After trying various options and reading through all the posts again, I decided to post to see if anyone including yourself could explain this new behaviour that cropped up since I installed v1.1.

Well, it comes down to the Change Game button. It used to work perfectly fine from 2008-02-19, 2008-03-16, 2008-03-24 and finally "broke" on this latest version 2008-04-06.

Before this latest version, I could switch between game types and maps at ease, pressing the Change Game button would bring up that small page that says, "this could take a couple of minutes" and then after a refresh, I would note that the command window would reflect the new map name and/or gametype.

This Change Game button worked perfectly in FF3 Beta 3 (and maybe 4), and out of desperation I tried IE7. I did look quickly in your bugtracker and saw a note about FF Beta 3, so perhaps I should have tried FF2. I am on FF3b5 now.

Now some background, I do run my games via a batch file and have since the very beginning of UT3 Dedicated Server (on Windows), and so far everything has worked like a charm. However now I cannot "Change Game" anymore, I do notice some new "information" that is appearing in my command window, perhaps it's related?.

ScriptLog: Cut down URL ?Numplay=10?MaxPlayers=15?NumPublicConnections=15? NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=1?TimeLimit= 25?GoalScore=25?Difficulty=3?Botskil
                        l=3?bIsDedicated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn =0?bShouldAdvertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch= false?bAllowJoinInProgress=true?PlayerMustBeReady= true?GameP
                        assword=xxxxxx?ServerDescription=07600010100012000 01200000480000480000480000320000680001010001000001 05000099000097000116000101000100000032000068000077 000032000

I don't recall seeing that error / message before. I haven't moved many of my settings from my batch file to the ini files, could this be the cause of this?.

here is my batch file that I use to start the game.

ut3.exe Server DM-Cyclopean_SE.ut3?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?GameMode =0?Numplay=10?MaxPlayers=15?NumPublicConnections=1 5?NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=1?TimeLimi t=25?GoalScore=25?Difficulty=3?Botskill=3?bIsDedic ated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAd vertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=false?bAllow JoinInProgress=true?PlayerMustBeReady=true?GamePas sword=mygamepass?ServerDescription=076000101000120 00012000004800004800004800003200006800010100010000 01050000990000970001160001010001000000320000680000 77000032000083000101000114000118000101000114000?Ad minPassword=xxxxxx -Login=mygamespylogin -Password=mygamespypass -Log=dedserver.log -unattended

Thanks for any insights in advance, I really appreciate the new maplist management options that you have added, thank you for that!.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Comment

I need someone to shed some light on this. I have the WebAdmin running but no matter what I do I get "invalid credentials". I am to the point now where I almost don't want to play UT anymore. Why do they have to make everything so difficult? I have been setting up various types of servers for years and this is by far the worst I have seen. I have tried the instructions here http://ut3webadmin.elmuerte.com/#downloads and here on this thread with no luck. I am running a single server using the configs from the mydocs/mygames folder, if I tried any other way the server just uses the default settings. Well that is all for now until I hear back from someone.

Comment

I used to get "invalid credentials" when I tried to use MSN_Explorer to join webadmin. Now I use just the regular Explorer and all is well.

Oh one more thing I noticed, if I "Logout" then try to connect later I can't unless I close the browser first then reopen it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Well I now have it working. The problem was that the AdminPassword= had to be in the UTGame.ini not the server cmd line. Hope this helps. Well I take back not wanting to play anymore. The webadmin is very nice just wish it was easier to setup.

Comment

Apologies... it was FF Beta 5 that was causing the WebAdmin issues, but there also appears to be an issue with starting from a batch file that has a ton of settings in it.

Using FF2.x fixed issues with the change map code, and I now discovered that the batch filesthat start my dedicated server need to be trimmed down for compatibility with WebAdmin V1.1.

How do I know that FF2.x fixed things? an old batch file that didn't have a ton of ?xxx settings works perfectly on map changes, but FF3 beta 5 still had issues switching maps.

However, a newer batch file that I constructed with TON of commands in the batch still gives that "ScriptLog: Cut down URL" message in the ut3.exe window on the dedicated server.

I am going to cut down the batch files and see if this fixes my issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X