Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's one step backwards for Epic Games, One Leap Backwards for UT Server Admins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's one step backwards for Epic Games, One Leap Backwards for UT Server Admins

How do you switch the game type your server is running without stopping the server and running another batch file setup for starting a server of a different game type?

They used to have this nifty web admin (even way back in UT99) that would allow you to do that...

I'm pretty new to UT3, so it's completely possible I've simply overlooked something.

Yep, it's in the faq sticked at the top of the Server Admin Forum:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586810

The gist of what happens is you type F10 while in the game.
    Type adminlogin password
    type admin servertravel game options bla bla bla (see the faq)

No webadmin yet, yes it sucks, yes we are all disappointed. Coming after the next patch cycle for the game... Probably sometime in the year 2036 (It's a joke, don't write me angry messages).

Comment

I've found a decent workaround: don't include the gametype or gamemode in the server launch options, and when you use changemap, the gametype will traverse automatically! You'll want to set variables like goalscore and such in the ini though, otherwise you'll wind up playing a CTF game to 20! lol

Comment

try CustomUT1a, I have it running on my {hLk} server. can vote for map or gametype, edit the .ini and u can add your own mutators, etc..

download here:
        http://www.unrealna.com/customut.php

Comment

I'll try that. Thanks, man!

Comment

How do you get the window in the screenshot above to come up? I don't see any instructions in the CustomUT download...

nvm - i think i found it.

'tard-brain strikes again!

Comment

press F5 on any server running customUT

Comment

also if u edit the UTcustomutv1a.ini u can set the different votable gametypes:

took me a bit to figure out how to allow for instagib (see votinggametypes[5]). Had to add the CustomUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a as the 1st mutator in line to be loaded. if i didnt, it would load a normal instagib, just without the customut mutator so then you couldnt vote out of it, lol.

VotingGametypes[0]=(GametypeClass=,GameTypeName="Just Change Map",MapPrefix=)
                VotingGametypes[1]=(GametypeClass="UTGame.UTTeamGame",GameTypeName=" Team Deathmatch",MapPrefix="DM")
                VotingGametypes[2]=(GametypeClass="UTGame.UTDeathmatch",GameTypeName ="Deathmatch",MapPrefix="DM")
                VotingGametypes[3]=(GametypeClass="UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content", GameTypeName="Capture the flag",MapPrefix="CTF")
                VotingGametypes[4]=(GametypeClass="UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Co ntent",GameTypeName="Vehicle CTF",MapPrefix="vCTF")
                VotingGametypes[5]=(GametypeClass="UTGame.UTDeathmatch?Mutator=Custo mUTv1a.UTMutator_CustomUTv1a,UTMutator_InstaGib",G ameTypeName="Instagib",MapPrefix="DM")

Comment

Originally posted by WizardSleeve View Post
                  How do you switch the game type your server is running without stopping the server and running another batch file setup for starting a server of a different game type?

They used to have this nifty web admin (even way back in UT99) that would allow you to do that...

I'm pretty new to UT3, so it's completely possible I've simply overlooked something.
                  Question are you wanting to run 2 different gametypes on your server? If so PM me its a no brainer!

Cya

Comment

also the Web Admin is supposedly coming with the next patch.
                    see related thread (scroll down to server adminisration) http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=600148

they are supposed to release a new beta patch soon, and probly a public one shortly after that..

Comment

Working...
                    X