Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How to set up a Linux Dedicated Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me install UT3 server.

I have been following this guide and done step 3 and 4 but my server is not starting, nothing at all happens just returning me to a command line when i try to start it.(step 4 in guide)

http://games.on.net/file/19854/Unrea...3_Linux_Server
    thats the file I have been using. And I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 desktop.

What am I doing wrong?
    Grateful for any help.

Comment

Where do i add custom maps?

i have no idea :s

Comment

Where is the Titian pack + 2.0 patch for Linux?

Comment

Ok, so I was able to install the .bin file but when I got to /home/:user:/ut3-dedicated/Binaries/ ut3-bin will not load, it goes back to a command prompt. I do not have SELinux installed either.

EDIT: NVM, didn't get the full game downloaded... only got a patch from filefront that said it was the server... not the patch. **** you filefront.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuppi View Post
            Where do i add custom maps?

i have no idea :s
            Edit the UTMaplist.ini file.

I have a warfare server. Here is the section I edited on mine.

Code:
            [WARMapList UTMapList]
            LastActiveMapIndex=1
            AutoLoadPrefixes=
            MapReplayLimit=0
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Confrontation",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-ColdHarbor",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="2"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="35")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Downtown",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="1"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="2")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-SinkHole",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="1"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="6")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-TORLAN_WINT3R",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="4"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="33")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Dusk?LinkSetup=Alt",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Islander",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Avalanche",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Bittersands",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="3"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="32")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-MarketDistrict",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="1"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="13")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-OnyxCoast",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="1"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="14")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Powersurge",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Serenity",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-FloodGate",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Torlan",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-TORLAN_WINT3R",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-UGL-CrossFire",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="4"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="34")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-UGL-DryIce-Beta3",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-TankCrossing",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Valley",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-XcavatedOE",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="1"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="25")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-ZeroImpact",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-BeachFront",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-ALIEN_SANDS_UGL_V3a",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-ArchCliffsOE",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Hostile",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-CarnageCanyon",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-CavernOE",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-CBP3-Meditation",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-ChainsIsle_Revisited",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="3"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="27")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Flare",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="2"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="22")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-SnakeBiteSE",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Spambox",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="1"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="15")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Synapse",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Terra-Sirenum_MSU",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-TOO_DARK_PARK",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-InfectionForest_V3",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-IridiRC2a",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-LakeSide",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Marooned",ExtraData=)
            Maps=(Map="WAR-Primeval_SE",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="2"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="18")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-SentinelsOE",ExtraData=((Key="PlayCount",Value="1"),(Key="LastPlayIdx",Value="17")))
            Maps=(Map="WAR-RivalenOE",ExtraData=)
            Do not edit any other file. Extra data is written by the game itself. Your manual entries must all be in this format

Maps=(Map="MAP-Name",ExtraData=)

Comment

Thanks for the thread, I was able to get UT dedicated server up and running on Fedora without too much of an issue. The initial thread does have some spaces in the startserver.sh file that gets created, but got everything going by making some corrections to the way I'm trying to set it up.

We're just trying to run a LAN only server, everything is on the same switch behind our external facing firewall. I was unable the see the server in the LAN browser in-game until I change bIsLanMatch=true. We are now able to see the server. Twice in fact. I'm able to see the time limit, and goal score, but I am unable to see the ServerIP. I am also unable to join it.

I've set up the ports in the Fedora firewall. I've also disabled the firewall. SELinux is disabled. I've read on the forum that people are able to connect using the console. How do I pull up the console? I've tried ~, which is not working. Once the console is up, what is the command to connect via IP? I've read through the wiki, and a lot of the vars used in startserver.sh are not even listed there. Is there more complete documentation somewhere for running dedicated server as well as rcon?

Also, I'm running Fedora on a VMWare ESX server with plenty of power, but my IP addressing is DHCP currently. I'm going to switch to a static address to see if it helps at all. Also updated to 2.1 on both the dedicated server and client.

Comment

As a note, I tried hosting my own server on my Vista box and everyone sees my machine the same way, listed twice and cannot join, failed connection. We're all running the same version 2.1 (3805).

Comment

OK, got everything running on 2.1 with Titan. Have to connect over rcon, however. Used to using ~ for rcon, but apparently it's F10. Unable to join through the LAN browser, and this is from version 1.x through 2.1.

Comment

Please help!!!!

I got the same problem after step 3, the server crashes. every time i try to start i get de mesage that the bin file is not for this OS.

I'am Using CentOS 5.3 64bit on a Intel E4600 whit 4GB memory a HDD of 80Gb and A ATI X800 256mb. I'am using version ut3-linux-server-12172009.bin and update UT3-linux-server-04292009.bin.

Comment

Hi there. It looks like nobody has replied to this thread in quite some time, but I suppose I'll ask my question here anyway...

Regarding this download link: http://www.fileplanet.com/183214/180...icated-Server-

--Is that download meant to be the entire dedicated server (including all patches) or only the latest round of patch files?

The reason I ask is because, I was working though the kzoink's tutorial and encountered some oddities that seemed to indicate I was perhaps missing something... For example, the launcher executable is named differently and there were quite a few ini files that just simply weren't in the directory tree after extraction.

If this download is indeed the full server, does anyone know a good tutorial or walkthrough to get it up and running? If it's not, feel free to educate my noob-butt.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X