Starting A Dedicated Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not see it at 7:15pm

You never actually said if you forwarded the ports on your router to you server IP. You have to do that or it will not work. You also need to turn off the server PC firewall. DMZ should not be needed and will not in itself make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
      I did not see it at 7:15pm

You never actually said if you forwarded the ports on your router to you server IP. You have to do that or it will not work. You also need to turn off the server PC firewall. DMZ should not be needed and will not in itself make it work.
      i dont understand how dmz will not in and of itself make it work? it opens and forwards everything to the dmz ip so why would it not work? every other game i host works perfectly with dmz!

Comment

ok let me ask this how would i tell if its working other than seeing it in the list? is there string that says it running? or connected or should i just post it up again? ok here it is

Init: Version: 3521
        Init: Epic Internal: 0
        Init: Compiled: Dec 7 2007 15:04:52
        Init: Command line: DM-CarbonFire?MaxPlayers=32?MinNetPlayers=0?NumPublic Connections=32?NumPrivateConnections=0?NumOpenPubl icConnections=32?NumOpenPrivateConne
        ctions=0?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?b UsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInv ites=True?bUsesPresence=True?bAllowJoinViaPresence =True?bUse
        sArbitration=False?bIsDedicated=True?bIsListPlay=F alse?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?AverageSkillRati ng=1000.000000?GameMode=0?Difficulty=3?PureServer= 1?LockedSe
        rver=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespawn=0?CustomMapName=DM-CarbonFire?CustomGameMode=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?Goal Score=30?TimeLimit=30?ServerDescription=0660000730 0006500004
        50000710000650000770000690000820000830000460000670 00079000077000?NumPlay=3?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch? name=BIA-GAMERS.COM?alias=BIA-GAMERS.COM -log=DedicatedServe
        r.log -Login=XXXXXXXXXX -Password=XXXXXXXX
        Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries\
        Init: Character set: Unicode
        Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
        Log: Initializing Game Engine...
        Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
        Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTEditor.int
        Init: UEngine initialized
        Log: Looking for DLC...
        Log: Object size..............: 60
        Log: Actor size...............: 436
        Log: ActorComponent size......: 88
        Log: PrimitiveComponent size..: 448
        Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Config\UTUIDataStore_Registry_0.ini
        Log: Performing DNS lookup for stunserver.org
        Log: Browse: DM-CarbonFire?name=BIA-GAMERS.COM?team=255?MaxPlayers=32?MinNetPlayers=0? NumPublicConnections=32?NumPrivateConnections=0?Nu mOpenPublicConnections=3
        2?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=Tru e?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInPr ogress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True? bAllowJoin
        ViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedicat ed=True?bIsListPlay=False?OwningPlayerName=?PingIn Ms=0?AverageSkillRating=1000.000000?GameMode=0?Dif ficulty=3?
        PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespaw n=0?CustomMapName=DM-CarbonFire?CustomGameMode=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?Goal Score=30?TimeLimit=30?ServerDescription
        =0660000730000650000450000710000650000770000690000 82000083000046000067000079000077000?NumPlay=3?game =UTGame.UTDeathmatch?alias=BIA-GAMERS.COM
        Log: LoadMap: DM-CarbonFire?name=BIA-GAMERS.COM?team=255?MaxPlayers=32?MinNetPlayers=0? NumPublicConnections=32?NumPrivateConnections=0?Nu mOpenPublicConnections=
        32?NumOpenPrivateConnections=0?bShouldAdvertise=Tr ue?bIsLanMatch=False?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInP rogress=True?bAllowInvites=True?bUsesPresence=True ?bAllowJoi
        nViaPresence=True?bUsesArbitration=False?bIsDedica ted=True?bIsListPlay=False?OwningPlayerName=?PingI nMs=0?AverageSkillRating=1000.000000?GameMode=0?Di fficulty=3
        ?PureServer=1?LockedServer=0?Campaign=0?ForceRespa wn=0?CustomMapName=DM-CarbonFire?CustomGameMode=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?Goal Score=30?TimeLimit=30?ServerDescriptio
        n=066000073000065000045000071000065000077000069000 082000083000046000067000079000077000?NumPlay=3?gam e=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?alias=BIA-GAMERS.COM
        Log: Virtual memory allocation size: 134.20 MByte (140713984 Bytes)
        Log: Physical memory allocation size: 0.00 MByte (0 Bytes)
        Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file: ..\UTGame\Localization\int\UTGameContent.int
        Log: Game class is 'UTDeathmatch'
        Init: WinSock: Socket queue 131072 / 131072
        Log: NetMode is now 1
        Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
        Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
        PerfWarning: InstanceGeom: 5.554553 ms - 932 Convex, Terrain 0.000000 ms, PerTriSM 0.659548 ms, InitArticulated 0.425681 ms, BodyInst Alloc 3.786113 ms, InitBod
        y 29.122785 ms
        PerfWarning: NxActor Creation: 17.231937 ms
        Log: *** WARNING - PATHS MAY NOT BE VALID ***
        Log: Bringing World DM-CarbonFire.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2008.01.23-18.26.02
        ScriptLog: MinNetPlayers: 0
        ScriptLog: -- MAPVOTE is ENABLED!!!!!
        ScriptLog: --- SK_LT_Deco_SM_RobotFull02 SK_LT_Deco_SM_RobotFull02_Physics
        Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.176231
        Log: ########### Finished loading level: 0.843437 seconds
        Init: Game engine initialized
        Log: Initializing Game Engine Completed
        ScriptLog: --- None None
        Log: FSTUNClient resolved stunserver.org (192.245.12.229)
        Error: Requested localized string setting BotSkill was not found
        Log: GAME PATH IS UTDeathmatch
        Error: Requested localized string setting BotSkill was not found

my ip is 71.123.61.132 and it is still runnin
        OHHHH I AM GOING TO THROW A PARTY ONCE I GET IT RUNNIN AND YOUR ALL INVITED

1 MORE THING IM STARTING THE SERVER LIKE YOU SAID WITH CPROMT TO THE DEDICATED SERVER FOLDER OF BINARY AND IT DID WHAT YOU SAID STARTED WITH ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by BIA-HOTROD View Post
          i dont understand how dmz will not in and of itself make it work? it open and forwards everything to the dmz ip so why would it not work? every other game i host works perfectly with dmz!
          Your still using an extra long command line. You should try a very basic one just to see if it works. You can get fancy later on. Your also using things I have not seen before and ones thatmake no sense. Try this one, it does work, just make sure there are no spaces due to the copy and paste formats;

ut3.exe server DM-CarbonFire?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?MaxPlayers=8?G oalScore=45?TimeLimit=20?MinNetPlayers=1?NumPlay=6 ?BotSkill=3?ForceRespawn=1?GameMode=0?ServerDescri ption=05600003200011200010800009700012100010100011 4000068000077000?AdminPassword=adminpassword?bIsDe dicated=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=Fal se?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?PureS erver=1?LockedServer=0?NumPublicConnections=10 -Login=login -Password=password -unattended

The server PC windows firewall needs turned off. This is all in the FAQ, it has to be done for it to work. It's just easier to follow the directions exactly as the FAQ says, because it works. You could do it like the FAQ says and see if it works for you seeing as it does work for others, just as a test.

But, there is still the chance it will not work due to your service provider. So, you should try a known working configuration first. I for one would like to know if it works with FIOS.

Comment

Your still using an extra long command line. You should try a very basic one just to see if it works. You can get fancy later on. Your also using things I have not seen before and ones thatmake no sense. Try this one, it does work, just make sure there are no spaces due to the copy and paste formats;

ut3.exe server DM-CarbonFire?Game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?MaxPlayers=8?G oalScore=45?TimeLimit=20?MinNetPlayers=1?NumPlay=6 ?BotSkill=3?ForceRespawn=1?GameMode=0?ServerDescri ption=05600003200011200010800009700012100010100011 4000068000077000?AdminPassword=adminpassword?bIsDe dicated=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=Fal se?bUsesStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?PureS erver=1?LockedServer=0?NumPublicConnections=10 -Login=login -Password=password -unattended

The server PC windows firewall needs turned off. This is all in the FAQ, it has to be done for it to work. It's just easier to follow the directions exactly as the FAQ says, because it works. You could do it like the FAQ says and see if it works for you seeing as it does work for others, just as a test.

But, there is still the chance it will not work due to your service provider. So, you should try a known working configuration first. I for one would like to know if it works with FIOS.
            im trying it now ok i am on for 3 hrs so i will do this now and post back in a few minutes WHEN YOU SAY NO SPACES I SEE SPACES IN THAT LINE DO I CLOSE THEM?
            WELL IM ABOUT TO CALL VERIZON RIGHT NOW TO SEE IF THEY HAVE A FIREWALL I DONT KNOW ABOUT I FORWARDED THE PORTS 6500,7777.13000 AND TOOK IT OF DMZ AND SERVER HAS STARTED ILL SEE IF ITS UP

OK I HAD TO CHANGE THE NAME BUT IT SHOWES UP ON MY LAN BUT NOT INTERNET AND DEDICATED IS SET TO TRUE?

Comment

It Works It Works It Works I See What I Was Doin Wrong
              It Was Like You Said Copy And Paste Was Leaving Spaces I Closed All Of These And Bam I See It You Are The Man Now I Will Go With This Before Moveing On With Custom Maps Thank You All Very Much And I Hope To Be Able To Help Others Know From Learning From My Mistakes From This. I Truelly Learned A Great Deal From This.
              Thank You
              Thank You

Comment

Well, Congrats ^^;;... Atleast these heartaches are learning Experinces if anything -.-;; and very very stressful XD.

Comment

Excellent!

Very important info here for folks with home game servers, it works with Verizon FIOS. Very interesting and very good news. They have 15/15 service and have way fewer outages than cable.

Comment

Hee, my server is Datacenter Hosted so doesn't effect me . Proper Static IP and 100MBit connection...

Comment

Very important info here for folks with home game servers, it works with Verizon FIOS. Very interesting and very good news. They have 15/15 service and have way fewer outages than cable.
                      yes im useing same 15/15 and it is fast man i will never go back to cable everi absalutely love verizon fiberand i have had 0 outages and i have had it from day 1 also phone and tv and the tv is amazingly clear.

Comment

Originally posted by r3sistance View Post
                        Well, Congrats ^^;;... Atleast these heartaches are learning Experinces if anything -.-;; and very very stressful XD.
                        i especially want to thank you resistance for you kind time and effort and with sticking with me through it all. and also to everyone who makes the group what it is GREAT!

Comment

Thank you, Do you mind if I add this to a new post im working on on how to set a server from scratch? I also have 15/15 and want to compile it to one post.

Comment

Working...
                          X