• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server help

How do I run my server from the commandline I am a freaking ******

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=586810

Comment

When I try to start the dedicated server I get a C++ Runtime Error followed by the diectory of my command line in the binaries folder. It does not spit out a crash log of any kind.

Comment

What is your server PC specs and operating system first of all?

Then are you using the free dedicated server or starting a dedicated server from the retal version?

What is your directory for your game if its the free dedicated install is it C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries or D:\ ?

And if retail version where is it installed?

And did you make a UT3Server.bat file in that free dedicated Binaries folder to boot the server? That is if your using the free dedicated.

Also what is your command line? post it in here so we can see!

Dude you cant just come in and say BTW I cant run a server so what should I do without giving us all the information you can. For us its like finding a needle in a haystack if you dont post all the information on your system and how your trying to make the server!

Comment

Server specs

P4 3.0 gig
          2gigs of ram
          xp pro
          Code:
          ut3.exe server DM-FragPipe_2k8_Alpha1?Game=UTGameContent.UTDeathmatch_Content?numplay=4?maxplayers=12?botskill=5?AdminPassword= -login=a3d -password= -unattended
          its installed to C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries

no I did not make a bat file... I though you just clicked the UT3.exe file

not sure how to make a bat file really.

Comment

Do you have a command prompt shortcut in your binaries folder?

Comment

no would that just be making a new shortcut and pasting my command into it?

I have an msdos file that points to ut3.exe but when i put the commandline into it, it has the same runtime error

Comment

its my commandline.... I used one off this site and bam it works...

Comment

Find a command prompt usually located in the start\programs\accessories and copy and paste it into the dedicated binaries folder.

Then once its in there right click on it then open the properties.

In the properties you see "start in" and in there you need the address of the binaries folder so if you look up you will see in the address bar the directory

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries

You need to copy and paste that over what is there in the "start in" area then apply and save.

Then click it open that command prompt and then copy and paste your commandline in where the flashing cursur is. ut3.exe server DM-FragPipe_2k8_Alpha1? ect ect ect ect.....

Then press enter and the server should boot but it might take a few seconds or so!

Comment

its booting up now just not showing up in the browser.

ive already opened my ports to this pc..

actually when i paste into the start in area it tells me file can not be found

Comment

ok got it all working now thanks for the hel ANick its online and working. Just one final question which exactly is the ini file I need to edit to make the other changes since the swiched it in the 1.1 patch?

Comment

Well if you have -nohomedir in your commandline which you probably should then your boot ini files will be in the C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\Config area

UTEngine.ini UTGame.ini UTInput.ini ect ect

If not then look in your C:\Documents and Settings\BRADLEY\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\UTGame\Config

Comment

Working...
                        X