Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packet Loss problems with new test ut3-bin. (linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packet Loss problems with new test ut3-bin. (linux)

Ok, so the new test ut3-bin did solve the problem of the server
    crashing every 5 minutes, but now it created a new problem. Packet
    loss. Everyone has a fine latency, but at random times, there will
    just be a TON of packet loss. I have no clue what could be causing
    this problem.

It's not the binary, it's your server host. Most likely the server is overloaded CPU wise and can't get the packets sent out on time to keep things running smooth.

Comment

Hello. The reason I am here, is to try to learn about packet data I am receiving. I have been playing ut since 1999, so I am no noobie. I continually will play along fine, and then I get blanks. I cannot explain it other than to say people bounce, I literally run out of bullets shooting them, then , I die. I dont know what is causing this, so I am looking into possible packet loss problems. Please, even tho it may not be remotely related, especially since you are running linux, could you please post your F6 settings to compare? I am running a water cooled, P6T SE, 920, 6GB Mushkin, 3.98GHZ, ATI 4890 watercooled, all running under 65c under load. All updated as of a week ago. BIOS, etc.

62 ping
      272 channels
      3919 in rate (bytes)
      1762 out rate (bytes)
      29 in packets
      30 out packets
      183 in bunches
      30 out bunches
      0 the rest of the way down

Now this is a random server, but, it is similar to all. Is there any sites that you could recommend to explain (in English) what these should be, or maybe you can help. The 30 bunches out, I understand would have a large difference, but that big? And then the (2) different in out packet sizes, confusing...

Sorry if I stole your thread, But it could be related, also. It is the only post Ive found similar. Of course I suck and I am a noobie if I ask anyone in the gaming world. You know..
      ANY help,or ideas, Thanks!
      Walt (Walsterdoomit)

Comment

Oh yeah... Vista 64

Comment

I should also note, I am using a trendnet TEW 633-GR router wired. about 6 megs download speed, and i forget but it was a good upload speed in the last test. I am using a SATA hitachi 120 GB deskstar 7200 RPM, and 800 watt silverstone.

Comment

Working...
          X