I want to be able to play with my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to be able to play with my brother

Hi, in ut2k4 i could play with my brother using the same copy of the game, for some reason in this game we can play ANY online game as long as we're not on the same server??? Could you please make an exception and allow two connections from THE SAME IP on a server with the same key? My brother is a casual gamer and will only play this game together with me so he won't go and buy it anyway.

If someone copied my key without my permission that person would be perfectly fine as long as he wouldn't join the same servers as me. Instead you put restrictions on those who want to play with family.

Could you please do something about this? I reckon this has to do with the way that servers are configured.

Do you have 2 seperate Gamespy user names and passwords based on 2 seperate email accounts and 2 seperate installs?

If so then you should both be able to play as long as your logged in on 2 different accounts!

Comment

I to have this same issue as well as in gears of war.

I have two computers & Two separate installs for both games. Why do we have to have game spy or live accounts to play local?

I have tried offline ut3 with my brother it don't work Ive tried with two different accounts it don't work . we have the same CD key on our installs is that the issue? same as gears.

I don't see why I'd have to go buy another copy just to play 1v1 in my own home offline =o *Dial up FTL! if I had high speed I'd by another copy of gears & ut3 to play online with him but intell then i'm sticking to LAN

Comment

You dont need to buy another copy!

I play local to my server machine which has the free didicated install and also the retail version installed.

I have the same retail version installed on my client machine and I can make a listen game server side where im the player host and join that from my lan machine and play NP. So im in this game by myself as 2 players playing from 2 different machines.

I also can make a free dedicated server side and from that server machine I can connect to my free dedicated as a client retail version on the same server machine and I can connect to this from the client machine. So again im in my free dedicated as 2 players from 2 different machines with 1 copy of the game and 1 CD key.

Gamespy accounts are free and are easy to get with another email address and im sure you got at least 1 more email address you can make another gamespy user name and password on.

If not there are many easy ways to get several email accounts for free. My MSN allows me to set up several so??

Good luck and read the FAQ first sticky in this forum you probably find all your answers to your questions.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586810

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo101 View Post

I don't see why I'd have to go buy another copy just to play 1v1 in my own home offline =o *Dial up FTL! if I had high speed I'd by another copy of gears & ut3 to play online with him but intell then i'm sticking to LAN
          It's called copyright infringement. If you want to play, you got to pay.

Comment

so I'm guessing I have to install the dedicated server part of the game or download it to play lan?

what about gears of war? it does the same thing as ut3. no lan games located.[

QUOTE=ANick;25232449]You dont need to buy another copy!

I play local to my server machine which has the free didicated install and also the retail version installed.

I have the same retail version installed on my client machine and I can make a listen game server side where im the player host and join that from my lan machine and play NP. So im in this game by myself as 2 players playing from 2 different machines.

I also can make a free dedicated server side and from that server machine I can connect to my free dedicated as a client retail version on the same server machine and I can connect to this from the client machine. So again im in my free dedicated as 2 players from 2 different machines with 1 copy of the game and 1 CD key.

Gamespy accounts are free and are easy to get with another email address and im sure you got at least 1 more email address you can make another gamespy user name and password on.

If not there are many easy ways to get several email accounts for free. My MSN allows me to set up several so??

Good luck and read the FAQ first sticky in this forum you probably find all your answers to your questions.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586810[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hmm you must not read too well! NO you dont have to use the free dedicated you need to have 2 seperate gamespy ID's for each person that wants to play! then you need to set up your server properly!

Read my post again and use the seach here in the forum all these questions been asked and answered before.

Comment

I just crawled out of bed give me a break :P

I have all the right ports enabled

Have yet to try it tho since my other pc is kind of not working =o. Grr...

Comment

You dont have to buy 2 copies of the game! Are you brain dead? Try reading the posts and using the information provided!

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                    It's called copyright infringement. If you want to play, you got to pay.
                    no, it's called common sense.

it still doesn't work so i suggest that people rewrite the server code that does this check and put an exception there. too few people are playing this game anyway so it would just help.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmoquack View Post
                      no, it's called common sense.

it still doesn't work so i suggest that people rewrite the server code that does this check and put an exception there. too few people are playing this game anyway so it would just help.
                      Yes i agree the more i read about this game in the forums the less i want to buy it. Epic better start fixing it up and make it more playable so it will play in everyones machines and not only in super machines with 3 gigs of ram and 8800 gts video cards lol!!!

Comment

ce po karl par hazard lolll serait drole..ce vinc
                        ca po lair de qq qui sait parler en anglais ca!loll

Comment

Working...
                        X