Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server is not advertised!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Server is not advertised!

    Need some help with my team's server!
    The command line says ?bShouldAdvertise=True but for some ****ed up reason it's not showing in the server browser.

    Code:
    ./ut3 server DM-Defiance?game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?GameMode=4?MaxPlayers=8?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bIsDedicated=True?PureServer=1?ForceRespawn=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?bAdminCanPause=True?bChangeLevels=True?bAllowMapVoting=True?Mutator=AdvancedScoreboardV03.AdvancedScoreboardMutator,MutFriendlyFireFull.UTMutator_FriendlyFireFull,UTGame.UTMutator_WeaponsRespawn,NoRedeemer.MutNoRedeemer,TeamShaderControl.TSCMutator?ServerDescription=110000105000109000098000108000101000077000105000110000100000115000032000084000068000077000032000035000110000105000109000098000108000101000109000105000110000100000115000032000119000119000119000046000110000105000109000098000108000101000109000105000110000100000115000046000101000117000?bUsesStats=True?GamePassword=unreal?AdminPassword=nM0wnz?bEnableVoting=true?bAllowMapVoting=True?bPlayersMustBeReady=true?PlayersMustBeReady?true -login=XXXXX -password=XXXXX -Port=7777 -log=MyServerLog.txt -nohomedir -unattended
    Everything else in the command line works just fine!

    #2
    EDIT:

    I have now deleted the ?ServerDescription= part cos I read it's no good but it still won't show up ...

    Comment


      #3
      Stating your platform might be a good idea... I'm going to guess Linux/*BSD.

      You probably have an entry for your hostname in /etc/hosts that maps your hostname to 127.0.1.1. This is to work around a buggy assumption in some software (e.g. GNOME). Unfortunately the GameSpy code attempts to resolve the hostname and bind to this IP which renders the query port unreachable for the master server.
      Until the bug is fixed, the solution is to change the hosts entry to match your hosts real IP.

      Comment


        #4
        All mine are Fedora and all are 127.0.0.1 But, that should not matter. It's what in the ifconfig I thought. The 127.0.1.1 is the local and I would think work the same. but obviously there are issues in some distros.

        What do you get when you do this?

        [root@localhost ~]# ifconfig
        eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
        inet addr:192.168.0.103 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
        inet6 addr: xxxx::xxx:xxx:xxxx:xxxx/xx Scope:Link
        UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
        RX packets:105077 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:1 frame:0
        TX packets:49151 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
        collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
        RX bytes:49068026 (46.7 MiB) TX bytes:8933206 (8.5 MiB)
        Interrupt:177 Base address:0x2000

        lo Link encap:Local Loopback
        inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
        inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
        UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
        RX packets:754 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
        TX packets:754 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
        collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
        RX bytes:495482 (483.8 KiB) TX bytes:495482 (483.8 KiB)

        How about this?

        [user@localhost ~]$ more /etc/hosts
        # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
        # that require network functionality will fail.
        127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
        [user@localhost ~]$

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
          Need some help with my team's server!
          The command line says ?bShouldAdvertise=True but for some ****ed up reason it's not showing in the server browser.

          Code:
          ./ut3 server DM-Defiance?game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?GameMode=4?MaxPlayers=8?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bIsDedicated=True?PureServer=1?ForceRespawn=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?bAdminCanPause=True?bChangeLevels=True?bAllowMapVoting=True?Mutator=AdvancedScoreboardV03.AdvancedScoreboardMutator,MutFriendlyFireFull.UTMutator_FriendlyFireFull,UTGame.UTMutator_WeaponsRespawn,NoRedeemer.MutNoRedeemer,TeamShaderControl.TSCMutator?ServerDescription=110000105000109000098000108000101000077000105000110000100000115000032000084000068000077000032000035000110000105000109000098000108000101000109000105000110000100000115000032000119000119000119000046000110000105000109000098000108000101000109000105000110000100000115000046000101000117000?bUsesStats=True?GamePassword=unreal?AdminPassword=nM0wnz?bEnableVoting=true?bAllowMapVoting=True?bPlayersMustBeReady=true?PlayersMustBeReady?true -login=XXXXX -password=XXXXX -Port=7777 -log=MyServerLog.txt -nohomedir -unattended
          Everything else in the command line works just fine!
          Have you tried a basic or very short command line to see if maybe you entered something that is causing the problem? No mutators or options?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
            All mine are Fedora and all are 127.0.0.1 But, that should not matter. It's what in the ifconfig I thought. The 127.0.1.1 is the local and I would think work the same. but obviously there are issues in some distros.
            127.0.0.1 or 127.0.1.1 makes no difference, nor does any other IP in 127/8. If you bind a socket to any address in this range it will be unaccessible to trafiic arriving on real interfaces unless you start playing with forwarding tricks.

            The correct address to bind to is 0.0.0.0 which translates to "any address this machine has an interface for". Or the address specified with -multihome in case you want to bind to a specific interface.

            For people suspecting that this might be their problem, start the server then run:
            Code:
            sudo netstat -nltup | grep ut3
            The output will be all ports UT3 has bound and the address they have bound to. This should be 0.0.0.0 or the IP you specified with -multihome.
            There is a bug that causes the ports related to STUN (as far as I can tell) to always bind to 0.0.0.0 but that won't effect functionality.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Chief-Justice View Post
              EDIT:

              I have now deleted the ?ServerDescription= part cos I read it's no good but it still won't show up ...
              can You paste here log from server start? I had similar problem and it was cause of ?gametype.
              My gametype was duel (dont remeber which number it is) but finnaly server made reset that gametype to DeathMatch, but very couriuos was that master server recognized my sarver as duel (by my start string) and browser saw server but under duel gametype, i made searching by DeathMatch cause knew that server finnaly starts with this gametype and of course i couldnt find it.

              Comment

              Working...
              X