is this possible? dedicated server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this possible? dedicated server

how would i go about running a dedicated server on my LAN for internet players to be able to connect to it, and to be able to connect to it myself?

we can see the server in the list, others can connect to it, but if you try and connect while your on the same lan as the server you get connection failed

ive just learned that the person hosting the dedicated server, is trying to connect to it with the same product key... im guessing thats the problem

Comment

Yes that might be the case but it could also be that gamespy is seeing the host login and password by the lan client trying to join!

You could try to establish a new gamespy login and password for the lan client who is joining that local game based on a different email address.

Then once you do this re log into the game with the new ID and then try to join.

Comment

il give it a spin!

Comment

Try logging in via LAN using the LAN IP directly and not the public IP or going through the server browser list.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad.G View Post
            ive just learned that the person hosting the dedicated server, is trying to connect to it with the same product key... im guessing thats the problem
            I had the problem till I realized I was loggin into gamespy 2 times.

Example:

You start your server login with name with = JoeBlow
            Your pass: is 123456

Then you boot up UT3 client:

login with name with = JoeBlow
            Your pass: is 123456

Guess what??? it dont work!! Why not cuz you started the server and client with same login name.

You Must have a different login from the client!!!

IE:

Server login with name with = JoeBlow

Client ( UT3 ) login with name with = weenerboy

Thats what I had to do to get ther server running!!!

Blame Gamespy!!!

Cya

Comment

Working...
            X